What's new

scotland, highest daily cases

zouzounaki

Olympian
what do folk think? something to worry about, or just schoolies sharing fags and drooling on each other?

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-58328945.amp

A total of 5,021 new cases of the virus were reported on Wednesday, a record high for the second day running.

That was up from 4,323 in the previous 24 hours - although the rate of positive results being returned was down from 14.5% to 11%.

Tuesday's figure had led First Minister Nicola Sturgeon to warn that the country was at another "fragile and pivotal moment" in the pandemic.”

The figures have been ramping up for a while. Think it's only me that is concerned though.

I think it IS the schoolies, and it was expected to some extent ............ but schoolies have families, family members work and go shopping ................ :(

Expecting much the same to happen here too.

"the schoolies" ........... FFS Zou, I'll be swearing in Glaswegian next!! :S

This really makes me smile. NZ went into full lockdown last week, when 1 case of the Delta variant emerged, and Scotland is considering some restrictions with 5000+ cases in a day.
It hasn't stopped the spread here though, we are now up to 100+ cases. Gasp!!! Shock!!!! Horror!!!!

We keep having to relearn lessons supposedly already learnt. Spanish flu was two years, with the 2nd year being worse than the first. I fully expect this winter to be a doozy.

Back
Top Bottom