What's new

Royal Mail's heartwarming gesture for girl who posted parcel to 'the fairies'.

Mitz

Super Moderator
Staff member
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/royal-mails-heartwarming-gesture-girl-22674729

Royal Mail's heartwarming gesture for girl who posted parcel to 'the fairies'.

A mum who helped her daughter post her dummy to the 'fairies' was left stunned when a card arrived in the post for her little girl just a few days later.

Convincing little ones to give up their dummies is a struggle many parents have to face as their children get older.

One mum who decided it was the right time for her daughter to ditch the dummy decided to encourage her to send it away to the 'dodo fairy' so she knew it was going to a special place for safe keeping.

The pair packaged it up, addressed the parcel to the fairies and added their own address just in case there was any problems.

0_Royal-Mail-Post-Red-Letter-Box.jpg

Incredibly, the mum was left stunned when just a few days later a card landed through the letter box for her little girl from 'the fairies'.

People said the kind gesture 'restored their faith in humanity'.

It read: "Thank you. You are so kind and courageous to give your dummy to the fairies. We are proud of you! And we promise to look after it."

1_THP_CHP_130920SLUG_8096JPG.jpg

There was also a letter for her mum from late shift manager Les Haffenden, who explained that the Royal Mail often try to reply to parcels with a return address, and said he had enclosed a card from the dummy fairies for her daughter which he "hopes is OK".

Sharing the heartwarming story in the Family Lockdown Tips & Ideas Facebook group, the mum said: "Sooo last week the 7th of September my clever little princess posted her dummies to the 'do do fairies!'

"I put our address as thought if they had a problem they could send back! Well this morning the 'dummy fairies' ( Royal Mail) sent a letter to say thank you!

"To say my little princess hasn’t stopped smiling is an understatement! She won’t put the letter down! Soo to any mummy/daddies out there struggling with how to get rid of them! Here you go! Shout out to Royal Mail for making my baby’s day!"

People loved the sweet response and the post gained more than 1,200 comments, as reported by Metro.

One person commented: "Royal Mail strike again. You guys truly are amazing. Well done."

A second said: "Faith in humanity restored! What a great person."

Another added: "Wow. This is completely wonderful and joyous. I bet the post people love getting things like this.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom