What's new

Royal Mail Update

You sure? It very much reads like the majority of parcels will be delivered on a Saturday?

I had read somewhere that this had been in the pipeline for years, it's only covid 19 that's given them the excuse to do it.

However, I must point out that I'm not complaining. Whatever it takes to keep posties safe and things ticking over is a necessity.
Maybe, who gives a shit though. It's post at the end of the day & it'll turn up when it does.

Maybe, who gives a shit though. It's post at the end of the day & it'll turn up when it does.

It must be Monday to Saturday. Didn't occur to me last night but people who get their prescriptions sent by post would need it more quickly than a weekly drop.

Someone is miss interpreting the information.
It's only related to a change for Saturday's only.

Changes to service

Temporary change to postal arrangements on Saturdays
Our postmen and postwomen are working very hard across the UK in challenging conditions. As we said at the start of the coronavirus crisis, there will be some disruption to services. Relevant factors include high levels of coronavirus-related absences and necessary social distancing measures.

We understand the importance of the postal service in keeping the UK connected at this time. We have also listened to our hard-working colleagues who have asked us to ease the additional burden on them if possible. As a result, we are making some temporary changes to postal services.

From 2 May we will temporarily no longer deliver letters on a Saturday. We will continue to provide a letter delivery service from Monday to Friday as normal. The majority of parcel services will be delivered on a Saturday including 1st and 2nd Class Parcels, Royal Mail Tracked 24 and 48, Royal Mail Tracked Returns, Special Delivery Guaranteed and International tracked services.

Customers should continue to post both letters and parcels as usual on Saturday. We will continue our Saturday collections from businesses, post offices and post boxes as normal.

Click here more information on changes.

I saw something yesterday stating the postman’s unions are up in arms about this and saying it has nothing to do with safety and is a cost cutting exercise.

not sure how true that is - it was on Twitter

I saw something yesterday stating the postman’s unions are up in arms about this and saying it has nothing to do with safety and is a cost cutting exercise.

not sure how true that is - it was on Twitter
I heard the same, its something they been planning for a while and they are bringing it in now as they have a reason, though again I only read this somewhere.

UK stuff has been arriving as expected most of the time. But China stuff seems to get stuck in customs for a while. My Posty rarely has anything for me on Saturdays anyway or maybe it is a slow fazing in of whats mentioned.

UK stuff has been arriving as expected most of the time. But China stuff seems to get stuck in customs for a while. My Posty rarely has anything for me on Saturdays anyway or maybe it is a slow fazing in of whats mentioned.
Yes , our rep said, first class or "RM24" is still arriving the next day ~80% of the time , down from 92%.
However, 2nd class and RM48 are seeing delays of upto 14 days! ouch!

Yes , our rep said, first class or "RM24" is still arriving the next day ~80% of the time , down from 92%.
However, 2nd class and RM48 are seeing delays of upto 14 days! ouch!

I got lucky then, The Purge squonker was posted 2nd class Monday arrived today. saying that i payed 1st class for some goods last week and they took 3 working days plus the weekend to arrive. 14 days for 2nd class is a big ouch! for everyone, i suspect its Royal mails way of making extra cash. They will then stop doing 2nd class and wack the price up for 1st class and it will then take 1-5 days

Back
Top Bottom