What's new

Re-infection Rate - R - Number

When lockdown was imposed on 23/3 the daily death toll was recorded at just over 50 and total death toll was recorded at 355 in the UK.

We're now lifting lockdown and the daily death toll over the last two days has been recorded as 412 and 377 respectively :hmm:

When lockdown was imposed on 23/3 the daily death toll was recorded at just over 50 and total death toll was recorded at 355 in the UK.

We're now lifting lockdown and the daily death toll over the last two days has been recorded as 412 and 377 respectively :hmm:
To be fair, I think the death count lags far behind the infection count? People can be ill for several weeks - some bloke was woken from a coma after five weeks on a ventilator a while back, I believe, and several other cases also mention 5 weeks.

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/health...ker-recovers-after-5-weeks-ventilator-2866577

Makes zero sense

Schools reopening with all these mazes & paths set ups tells you one thing, it's too early, it's not 100% safe for children to mix. It's surely just meant as a way to get the kids back to school & off the hands of parents for them to go back to work, economy, cost on government etc

The R thingy is still 0.70 to 0.90, I'm not sure what the 1-5 scale thing is but I doubt that's dropped, when that shifted down that's when they said they'd ease lockdowns. I've given up on the news so I'm not up to scratch with it

I'm not changing a thing, still going to work from home until at least July & live a close to hermit like existence because a big wave's coming

Found it, the Covid Alert System

What do the five alert levels mean?
These are the five alert levels that will be used to inform the easing, or tightening, of lockdown restrictions:

Level five - Critical. This level would require a strict lockdown and means the virus is spreading fast, and could overwhelm the NHS

Level four - Severe. This is the level the UK is currently at and means the NHS is stretched but is coping

Level three - Substantial. This means the virus is in general circulation and the NHS is operating at extra capacity. Some restrictions will need to remain in place, but it will be safe to relax some measures

Level two - Moderate. This means there is a low level of virus transmission and the NHS is operating normally. Schools and businesses should be able to open, subject to social distancing measures

Level one - Low. This means the virus is no longer present in the UK. No behavioural restrictions will be needed, and public and private sectors will be able to operate normally

When it was announced we were at level 4, Boris was supposed to announce we were down to level 3 today

Last edited:
The treasury has probably updated the cost figures to the economy and it's time to get back to work regardless of the risk of a second wave.

Back
Top Bottom