What's new

Poll: Domestic Covid Passports, yes or no?

Domestic covid passports; yes or no?

• Yes

Votes: 22 42.3%
  • No

Votes: 25 48.1%
  • Banana

Votes: 5 9.6%

• Total voters

andipandi

Legend
Looks like Boris and some of his chums fancy this idea, what do you think? Domestic in this case, means one requiring a covid passport to enter hospitality settings, like a pub or restaurant, attend sports events, go to the theatre, etc.

No.

The vaccines are not 100% effective, not everyone can get vaccinated and I fear it would create a two-tiered society, leading to stigma against those who don't have one.

No surely just showing your covid jab card to show you have had your jabs should be enough.

Yes. Make the anti's suffer the consequences of only caring about themselves and not the larger community. [emoji16]
If someone has a "genuine " medical reason for not being able to have one ( not just because they're scared of needles or a complete wimp, etc) , then maybe there could be some sort of exception but on the whole I think it's a good idea.

"Gets ready for the angry mob "

no. i think it is very divisive which will therefore lead to it being difficult or even impossible to implement successfully.

I get the whole, it is unfair for the unvaccinated that have not been offered the jab yet especially the younger people, but if it allows business to reopen safely before everyone has a chance of a vaccine then that has to be good for those businesses .

Right or wrong, they are going to become a thing. Some countries will let in vaccinated visitors. The cruise ships want proof of vaccination. Better to have a national or international system than different businesses with their own system.

The virus is still going to be with us for a while yet. If you start getting clusters in pubs among unvaccinated customers then they will just be closed down again and that is good for nobody.

the other issue is that it is not yet clear whether the vaccines prevent transmission. if they don’t then this would seem to be futile. unless there is something i am missing.

I can see the pros and cons for both sides, but speaking as an ex-publican I personally don't see it as my place to start policing my customers.

Back
Top Bottom