What's new

Pfizer BioNTech vaccine approved for use in UK with priority list confirmed

i am surprised by the amount of fear about this. among people i know, i mean, who i wouldn’t have expected to be of the view they are. i have a feeling uptake might be very low, unfortunately.

i am surprised by the amount of fear about this. among people i know, i mean, who i wouldn’t have expected to be of the view they are. i have a feeling uptake might be very low, unfortunately.

I think most people think will have come around by the time all the medical people have had it, all the nurses, all the nursing home staff, all the elderly, people with health conditions.. etc. As long as vulnerable people and people who are at high risk of exposure are immune then that should be enough to get the numbers down to a low risk situation for everyone else I guess?

I think some people are just being cautious and don't trust the government or big pharma, both are known to lie, so it's no wonder to me if the initial uptake is low, once folks get some confidence in the product I suspect more will take it.

I think in the short term, you are right, but given it will be many months till there is enough vaccine for all that want it, it is not a problem for now.

Once the first few million have been vaccinated it will show up in the hospitalisation and death statistics that the vaccines are working and it is the unvaccinated that are dying or getting seriously ill. That will convince some that are wary. If you can not fly to certain countries for a holiday without vaccination that will convince more.

@oldhippydude , aye i definitely think the holiday abroad thing will be a big incentive for certain types of folk. hopefully you are right and that over a period of time it will demonstrate itself to be effective and not turn people into zombies and more reasonably minded people will come round, leaving only the extremist anti vac types.

Why would anyone be suspicious of a Tory Government who squandered 12 Billion on PPE, of which 2 Billions worth was unfit for use, or out of date, or spent 12 Billion on their Buddies useless Track and Trace system, and Pfizer, who have shelled out 2.8 Billion in Damage claims to date !!! I don't know what everyone's worrying about !!! :hmm:

Why would anyone be suspicious of a Tory Government who squandered 12 Billion on PPE, of which 2 Billions worth was unfit for use, or out of date, or spent 12 Billion on their Buddies useless Track and Trace system, and Pfizer, who have shelled out 2.8 Billion in Damage claims to date !!! I don't know what everyone's worrying about !!! :hmm:

aye i get you, i don’t trust the government either. but you need to apply rational thinking. they are corrupt and handed out billions to their mates. it’s clear to see the motivation. they have access to billions of pounds. they need to spend millions of pounds on stuff. the global emergency means they don’t need to do the contracting in the way that the law usually requires, so they can funnel the money to their mates. if the gear hadn’t been shite and their mates hadn’t been incompetent nobody might have noticed.

but what would they gain from injecting everybody with some kind of harmful vaccine? nothing, that i can think of.

Last edited:
aye i get you, i don’t trust the government either. but you need to apply rational thinking. they are corrupt and handed out billions to their mates. it’s clear to see the motivation. they have access to billions of pounds. they need to spend millions of pounds on stuff. the global emergency means they don’t need to do the contracting in the way that the law usually requires, so they can funnel the money to their mates. if the gear hadn’t been shite and their mates hadn’t been incompetent nobody might have noticed.

but what would they gain from injecting everybody with some kind of harmful vaccine? nothing, that i can think of.
Depends on how many of them have shares or Business partners in Pfizer, I didn't say the Vaccine was harmful necessarily, I just think it's a bit weird, that this, one of many Vaccines currently out there, including our own, at Oxford Uni, this one has been passed by the MHRA so quickly, and by no other Countries Authorities up to now, especially as it also presents the most logistical problems, and is the hardest to store safely, due to it's necessity for ridiculously low temperatures !!!

... but what would they gain from injecting everybody with some kind of harmful vaccine? nothing, that i can think of.

A mate of mine thinks it's all a government obedience test for the future. Are we all willing to do as we are told, stay indoors, not go to work, have our businesses closed etc ... and be injected with something, even though there's very little risk. What they'll gain is control and compliance of the population, or at least they can test that in a real scenario and have knowledge on how we reacted.

He thinks that after the 'Brexit' test, in which they failed to scare the enough of the population into obedience, this is like a phase 2 of the program.

Back
Top Bottom