What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Pay for covid testing

Mr Ripple

Legend
So i've got to pay to find out if I've got covid now.

Okay no worries but when the government want to know again so they can stop the spread and save the NHS and I'll be charging them to test me.........

So i've got to pay to find out if I've got covid now.

Okay no worries but when the government want to know again so they can stop the spread and save the NHS and I'll be charging them to test me.........

If you don't feel well your supposedto stay at home till you feel better. Well if that's there advice most of the country will be fooked as everyone will just say there sick and stay home

If you don't feel well your supposedto stay at home till you feel better.

Should we do that anyway if we think we've got a communicable viral thingy?

Starting to charge for tests is not a good move IMO. They're basically saying, we've given up and we don't care if you have it or pass it on.

How much is it going to cost anyway?

Edit, I'm going to answer my own question.

Boots is selling the devices for £2.50 each or £12 for a pack of five, or £17 for a pack of four with the extra option to send results to the UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA).

Tesco then announced that it would be selling the swabs for £2 each, among the most affordable on the market, from 1 April.

Elsewhere on the high street, a Healgen lateral flow test costs £1.99 at Superdrug, which is also selling a five-pack from Flowflex for £9.79.

At leading Covid test provider Randox, the price of testing kits was reduced just before the rules changed. Lateral flow tests are now available from £2 a test, with packs of three costing £9 and packs of 10 priced at £20 (a fixed delivery fee applies).

At online retailer 0 Covid Clear, another Government listed provider, prices for a single lateral flow test start at £14.99 and a single PCR test will set customers back £69.

The best thing to do is shop around to find the best deal for you.

Lateral flow tests could end up costing care home visitors £73 a month, a leading UK charity has said.

How much is it going to cost anyway?

Edit, I'm going to answer my own question.

Boots is selling the devices for £2.50 each or £12 for a pack of five, or £17 for a pack of four with the extra option to send results to the UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA).

Tesco then announced that it would be selling the swabs for £2 each, among the most affordable on the market, from 1 April.

Elsewhere on the high street, a Healgen lateral flow test costs £1.99 at Superdrug, which is also selling a five-pack from Flowflex for £9.79.

At leading Covid test provider Randox, the price of testing kits was reduced just before the rules changed. Lateral flow tests are now available from £2 a test, with packs of three costing £9 and packs of 10 priced at £20 (a fixed delivery fee applies).

At online retailer 0 Covid Clear, another Government listed provider, prices for a single lateral flow test start at £14.99 and a single PCR test will set customers back £69.

The best thing to do is shop around to find the best deal for you.

Lateral flow tests could end up costing care home visitors £73 a month, a leading UK charity has said.

Heard it was supposedly £2 for a full kit 7 in a box and not individual tests. if its true its going to cost what you say iam certainly not paying that.

https://www.boots.com/flowflex-anti...-tests-10312496?storeId=11352&catalogId=28501

Well at least the recorded cases will drop now you have to pay.

Good job Borris :clapping:

Back
Top Bottom