Vape Club
What's new

Over 18s can book vaccine from tomorrow

Premier Ecigs
I think there’ll be a lag in uptake due to having been told they’re immune from the worst aspect over the last year and a bit - cheers Boris. My lad is exasperated with his mates’ attitudes.

Vape Green
I think there’ll be a lag in uptake due to having been told they’re immune from the worst aspect over the last year and a bit - cheers Boris. My lad is exasperated with his mates’ attitudes.

A week or so ago when we were getting results on antibodies detected in different demographics. There was antibodies detected in the blood of more than half of 16 to 21 year olds and 30% of 12 to 16 yr olds. With or without vaccines the young are doing their bit to build up community resistance.

I think we have reached the stage in the uk and Europe where the most vulnerable have been vaccinated, that infection rates are not all negative. Increased immunity or resistance, in the community is good whether it comes from vaccines or infections. If you have had both, then you are probably in a better position than most and for that reason the young should take up their jabs.

Covid is here for years to come. The variants will keep coming.Time for getting on with the new normal in the rich countries and time for those countries to step up and do what we can to help the rest of the world.

A thought experiment.

Last March it was thought that if we did nothing then covid would spread till herd immunity was reached, perhaps at about 80% infection rate and about 3% would die.

What would happen if we totally went back to normal now?

I think we would get a spike in infections, a small rise in the number of deaths and rapid acquisition of herd immunity.

Sounds like people are still listening?

Covid: Queues at pop-up vaccine centres amid jabs push
A major push to offer coronavirus jabs to every adult in England is under way, with queues forming outside pop-up vaccination centres.

Football grounds and parks are among the venues used across the country and it is hoped all adults will have had their first jab by 19 July.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57540820

E-liquids.com
Back
Top Bottom