What's new

No Corona deaths for 4 days in scotland

Clearly a much better strategy in Scotland than in England.

Clearly a much better strategy in Scotland than in England.

Maybe that's true, and it's very good news for Scotland but it can't be that simple.

We've had no new deaths for over 3 weeks here (local to me) ... same strategy as London, we don't have 6 international airports and overcrowded buses and tubes though. I'm not convinced anything is clear. :)

... also sorry this sounds so negative in a positive thread.

I think the difference is all down to how its been handled, a week into the pandemic and our FM changed tact from following the UK route, to following exactly what our scientists advised as they were concerned about the direction it was going in.

Mixed info from Downing St, and relaxing lock down to early with still around 1k new infections daily, and 100- odd deaths every day was crazy (but that's only my opinion.) Couple that with Cummings wee jaunt , which will have made some think, if he can do it so can we has not helped. Then you have the marches and thousands travelling to beaches and not socially distancing are all contributing to it returning.

I feel sorry for all the folk who have stuck with it in England, only for the fools to undo the good that's been done. I now see they are thinking of locking down area's where it's increasing again.. but again they are talking about it before acting. Other Countries have thrown everything at any area's with infection rates going up immediately. You just have to look at how China reacted last week to the Beijing cluster, and Germany with the meat processing plant.

I really hope they pause any further relaxation until it's fully under control again, as if they continue in the same direction they could end up back at the start, for what? waiting a few weeks more.

Oh, and we have the same idiots, but luckily they are the minority.

Good points made above already. Another factor I think is population density. England is so much more densely populated than Scotland, it’s really quite bizarre that UK Gov have relaxed things there first.

Good points made above already. Another factor I think is population density. England is so much more densely populated than Scotland, it’s really quite bizarre that UK Gov have relaxed things there first.

Central belt in Scotland would be on par to some of the cities in England, but i agree. I for example live in a village in the highlands, and i know for a fact just about everybody observed the advice, and still do.

Our biggest issue is rough campers from the Central Belt and England, the past few weeks there have been hundreds of tourists, a lot from England, ( Which is totally ignoring our lock down,) and what they don't realize is we may be less populated, but we also dont have the medical facilities Cities have. So any increase in patients especially from elsewhere really could cause issues but hey they are probably scared or lost trust, The Police do fine them and send them on there way again.

Your always gonna have these elements in society, complete Dickwads who don't give a toss about anyone, I have been on lockdown a few years now due to health reasons and in all honesty i thank god sometimes that i am the way i am, i don't want some ignorant dickhead infecting me. I just hope that something is being done so more innocents don't have to die, there has been far too much death already.

Your always gonna have these elements in society, complete Dickwads who don't give a toss about anyone, I have been on lockdown a few years now due to health reasons and in all honesty i thank god sometimes that i am the way i am, i don't want some ignorant dickhead infecting me. I just hope that something is being done so more innocents don't have to die, there has been far too much death already.

Well said m8.

I'm the same due to spinal issues that are non operable. 4 yrs now , just try to take every day as it comes.

I see folk complaining about the lock down and think fucking hell try years not being to stand or walk for more than a few minutes. and still trying to keep yourself from going off the deep end.

Last edited:
Maybe that's true, and it's very good news for Scotland but it can't be that simple.

We've had no new deaths for over 3 weeks here (local to me) ... same strategy as London, we don't have 6 international airports and overcrowded buses and tubes though. I'm not convinced anything is clear. :)

... also sorry this sounds so negative in a positive thread.

Same for me really.
Government graphs we used to see every day, East of England one of the lowest infection, and deaths rates in the UK, (as per Scotland)
I live in Central Bedfordshire constituency, same thing as a subset, low infection, and death rates.
However Bedford (which is it's own parliamentary constituency) is only 12 miles from my town. has such a high infection rate that last week their member of parliament raised it in the house of commons, and it is now being considered for a "local lockdown"

Personally I think population density has a bearing on things, added to that Bedford has a high multi ethnic population, which I also think is a bearing on the matter.

Same for me really.
Government graphs we used to see every day, East of England one of the lowest infection, and deaths rates in the UK, (as per Scotland)
I live in Central Bedfordshire constituency, same thing as a subset, low infection, and death rates.
However Bedford (which is it's own parliamentary constituency) is only 12 miles from my town. has such a high infection rate that last week their member of parliament raised it in the house of commons, and it is now being considered for a "local lockdown"

Personally I think population density has a bearing on things, added to that Bedford has a high multi ethnic population, which I also think is a bearing on the matter.
I personally think the same as you.

Back
Top Bottom