What's new

NHS planning to roll out 'game-changing' coronavirus pill

Yup. Good news for people like @MrDJ who are immunosuppressed, unable to be vaxxed, or those who are at higher risk despite vaccination, especially with this cheery new variant.
great....but not great.

good news for a lot but sadly not sure it will help me and others in my situation as you will have to catch covid before it is given to patients. simple terms is if i get covid im fukked and best start digging a hole.
my imune system does the opposite of what it should do and attacks my body so im on a 6 weekly imuno suppressed drug that kills my immune system. also on weekly methotrexate which does the same.
even though ive had all 3 phizer jabs and the flu jab after 3 weeks i have my infusion which washes the vacine out of my system. i had the antybody blood test and have zero protection.

its certainly a step in the right direction though.

Interesting. :hmm:

Wifey just had email from gov.uk saying NHS are using new treatments for Covid, and as she's vulnerable, they're sending her a PCR test to keep at home. If she tests positive she'll be contacted within 24hrs.

Anyone else had one of these emails?

Last edited:
nope nothing here.
hospital has even stopped me going in on a saturday when my department is closed.

annual leave from today until 7th jan but will still be doing work all over christmas and not get paid for it. spose as ive had 19 months off stuck at home i cant really complain.

Back
Top Bottom