What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Ministers could pay £500 to everyone with Covid in England

Probably a bit unlikely to find any ex miner Labour politician with warm words about the Tories at any point in history. :18:

Never heard of him tho bar a quick google search. I'm all ears if you wanna tell me what he was right about, Zou?

och away, he was the man responsible for the creation of the nhs.

och away, he was the man responsible for the creation of the nhs.
Oh, OK. :lol1:

Yeah, wasn't a bad idea. So, he was Welsh.

Knew there was a reason I've always innately liked the Welsh. ::welshflagwave::

so in 1948 he made an infamous speech against a backdrop of three years of the BMA trying to block his project and the tories voting down his national health bill three times, and drawing on his early life as a 13 year old miner. part of it went like this;

That is why no amount of cajolery, and no attempts at ethical or social seduction, can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred for the Tory Party that inflicted those bitter experiences on me. So far as I am concerned they are lower than vermin. They condemned millions of first-class people to semi-starvation. Now the Tories are pouring out money in propaganda of all sorts and are hoping by this organised sustained mass suggestion to eradicate from our minds all memory of what we went through. But, I warn you young men and women, do not listen to what they are saying now. Do not listen to the seductions of Lord Woolton. He is a very good salesman. If you are selling shoddy stuff you have to be a good salesman. But I warn you they have not changed, or if they have they are slightly worse than they were.”

That is why no amount of cajolery, and no attempts at ethical or social seduction, can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred for the Tory Party that inflicted those bitter experiences on me. So far as I am concerned they are lower than vermin. They condemned millions of first-class people to semi-starvation. Now the Tories are pouring out money in propaganda of all sorts and are hoping by this organised sustained mass suggestion to eradicate from our minds all memory of what we went through. But, I warn you young men and women, do not listen to what they are saying now. Do not listen to the seductions of Lord Woolton. He is a very good salesman. If you are selling shoddy stuff you have to be a good salesman. But I warn you they have not changed, or if they have they are slightly worse than they were.”

Not much has changed

so in 1948 he made an infamous speech against a backdrop of three years of the BMA trying to block his project and the tories voting down his national health bill three times, and drawing on his early life as a 13 year old miner. part of it went like this;

Such hatred. And that's without factoring in Thatcher! :18:

It's a shame both parties have damaged the NHS over the years through privatisation and underfunding. You'd think it would be the one constant through the generations and various governments that was treated like the golden egg that it is.

Last edited:
25659795_10155033950817401_1007312590597637263_n.jpg

I wouldn't say a lot but there's definitely a few. Most of those from north of the border fit this category. Tories don't go down well in Scotland these days period.

Tories have been a shite sandwich in Scotland since Thatcher (hopefully being spit roasted in some isolated corner of Hades). In the 60's and 70's the Tories were actually well represented in Scottish elections.

Tories have been a shite sandwich in Scotland since Thatcher (hopefully being spit roasted in some isolated corner of Hades). In the 60's and 70's the Tories were actually well represented in Scottish elections.

they lost a lot of votes to the tartan tories, to be fair.

If I drive doon tae Carlisle n catch it will I be in the moolah... minus the fine I should still be quids up

Back
Top Bottom