What's new

Ministers could pay £500 to everyone with Covid in England

its all bollocks as usual. it was discussed as an option but never went through but then it was leaked and the press as always blew it all out of proportion.

As said ssp is a joke , if you work full time and have three waiting days then for your first week sick you will get paid less than someone on the dole , how can that be right ?
In my last job I worked a permanent night shift of 4 days a week and even though it worked out as the same total hours as the day shift who did five days a week if we were both off for a week the day shift would get 2 days ssp and the night shift would only get one . A grand total of about 16 quid.
So this scheme would definitely help a lot of people out , at the moment if you are told to isolate by the test and trace you go down to ssp so it shouldn't be dependant on a positive test

Boris hasn't rejected it (yet), an anonymous spokesperson saying this or saying that, is mostly irrelevant. Esp. given that 10 Downing Street is u turn city central.
So is getting worked up about plebs abusing a system proposed in leaked documents proposing things that never happen. There's already a £500 payment for those who really need it.

So is getting worked up about plebs abusing a system proposed in leaked documents proposing things that never happen. There's already a £500 payment for those who really need it.

I've not been getting worked up about plebs and with regards to the pre existing 500 quid payment, too many who need that payment, do not qualify.

I've not been getting worked up about plebs and with regards to the pre existing 500 quid payment, too many who need that payment, do not qualify.
That's the opening post. As if the government hasn't screwed up enough things for people to target genuine failures, people still can't help but target stuff they haven't even done as well.

Truth is there are some who want to crucify this government regardless of what they do or don't do. IMHO.

Last edited:
For Which 75% of applications have been refused

On what grounds?

So the solution is to give £500 to every single UK resident who tests positive regardless of their financial status?

So we can then have someone post what cunts the government are for giving money to people who don't need it.

The solution to helping more people who genuinely need it isn't by giving money to more people who genuinely don't need it.

Which is obviously why this proposal was never acted on if it was ever really taken seriously by those who actually make real life decisions.

Helping those who need it should be the priority. But not by burning money and giving it to people who don't need it at all.

Last edited:
On what grounds?

So the solution is to give £500 to every single UK resident who tests positive regardless of their financial status?

So we can then have someone post what cunts the government are for giving money to people who don't need it.

The solution to helping more people who genuinely need it isn't by giving money to more people who genuinely don't need it.

There's got to me some middle ground between doshing out lolly to everyone and the current system where 75% of the people who genuinely need it don't qualify.

Back
Top Bottom