What's new

Looks Like Another National Lockdown Is Coming

BigCloud

Veteran
Prime Minister Boris Johnson could introduce national lockdown restrictions from next Wednesday, it was reported tonight.

The Times says the move would see everything except nurseries, schools, universities and essential shops close until December 1.

DPGCVMN473TU4E3RMFBU.jpg

Boris Johnson is set to announce national lockdown restrictions
It reports the Prime Minister will hold a press conference on Monday to announce the measures.

Boris Johnson reportedly met with Chancellor Rishi Sunak, Health Secretary Matt Hancock and Cabinet Secretary Michael Gove today, where he was shown data indicating the virus is 'out of control.'

A Government source told The Times there was a feeling nationwide measures were now necessary.

The PM had previously resisted another national lockdown, warning it would 'be like Hotel California - with no end in sight.'

But the apparent change of heart came after Jonathan Van-Tam, the deputy chief medical officer for England, warned ministers the virus was running out of control.

KSH4IVLFEY7YHV6BLN3B.jpg

Chancellor Rishi Sunak today announced plans to support self-employed workers (42715058)
The Prime Minister and Chancellor Rishi Sunak are said to have agonised over the decision because of fears it would leave the economy in tatters.

But the scientists – backed by Health Secretary Matt Hancock and senior minister Michael Gove – told them the virus was on track to kill 85,000 this winter, and that it was too late for a so-called 'circuit break'.

They called for a longer national lockdown – similar to the month-long shutdown in France – saying it was the only way to stop hospitals from running out of beds.

About time they stopped pussyfooting around with their ridiculous tiers of no substance.
The tiers they implemented were never going to be anywhere near enough to make a difference.

I don't disagree, as such, with another lockdown, but the law of unintended consequences, on families, individuals, self employed, small businesses, even big businesses and companies, is stark. It's like saying, "From today I've no need to have or use money, in my life anymore", it's just not that simplistic.

I don't disagree, as such, with another lockdown, but the law of unintended consequences, on families, individuals, self employed, small businesses, even big businesses and companies, is stark. It's like saying, "From today I've no need to have or use money, in my life anymore", it's just not that simplistic.
It's the restrictions that are causing this though cos they just drag things out and put a strain on everything.
Impliment a 4 week lockdown and everything just gets put on hold and the virus stops spreading.

I suppose all the usual idiots will be out stripping the shelves and panic buying this morning :doh:

I big file hit the table in handover yesterday "thump"

"here are our new guidelines you need to read and sign them" big boss lady

I flicked through they were written by 'Ian Huntley'

"oh 'Ian Huntly' I know him," says i

"yes he is an eminent well-respected virologist" big boss lady

"he's not a kiddie fiddler then, I thought he was doing a life stretch, how the prison service trains people these days"

the room went silent everyone looked at me with masks on it only makes it worse, tumbleweed casually blew past

"oh look an awkward silence" I squeaked quietly

"just sign the guidelines Stuart" big boss lady

great another month of tighter crazy ass game of pass the covid parcel

I don’t know whether this is the right thing for the country or not. I do know that this will most likely kill the company I work for. I’ll have to wait for it to all play out, but I genuinely don’t expect to have a job next year. It was a good run - 21 years, hey ho :(

Some sort of announcement at 4pm today apparently. If they are going to do this they need to do it fully and shut the schools. So many transmissions at schools up here and teachers are stressed to fuck worrying about it.

If they're going to do it properly, they need to shut everywhere and I mean everywhere for 4 weeks and NOBODY leaves their dwellings otherwise it isn't going to work.
Just my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom