What's new

Lockdown extended by 4 weeks

I don't believe them.

Do you think the cases of the India variant will be lower in 4 weeks?
No at all but the number of fully vaccinate will be close to 67% hospitalisation and death should start to drop it a race

No at all but the number of fully vaccinate will be close to 67% hospitalisation and death should start to drop it a race

Well I do hope so.... but I have a horrible feeling 4 weeks will turn into 4 months.

the vaccine is significantly less effective against the delta variant and it is also significantly more likely to require hospital treatment.

Well I do hope so.... but I have a horrible feeling 4 weeks will turn into 4 months.

it’s hard to say, they might just go with it and walk themselves into another full lockdown for months kind of crisis to deal with. they are useless and corrupt, a combination that makes it quite hard to predict. :)

4 weeks in the summer with the sun shining is a tricky one i just can't see it happening

it makes me wonder if another leader as prime minister would handle this differently

I watched cummings and Hancock both being interviewed by the committee, the interviews were miles apart Hancock was just a blank sheet of paper "saving lives" etc etc but we didn't 128 thousand people have died but we are told it's down to population size and reporting and the charts but no matter where I look the UK has the most deaths

but remember in January Boris said to the world he takes "full responsibility" for the deaths, that was at 100 thousand.....what does that even mean its just empty words

Death rate is almost flatlining (down to ave.3 per day), hospital admission rate has an uptick but not raising the death rate, hospital rate rise linked to regions where communities are not getting jabbed - so in light of this I really don't understand postponing rule relaxation. It's time to get back to regular life. I'm absolutely sick of mask wearing.

Screenshot 2021-06-15 at 15.44.17.png
Screenshot 2021-06-15 at 15.45.30.png

How effective are the vaccines against the Delta variant compared with the Alpha variant?
In general, Covid jabs are most effective against the most severe outcomes, such as death, and less effective against less severe ones, such as asymptomatic infection.

This appears to be borne out by data collected for the two main Covid jabs in use in the UK against both variants.

According to figures gathered by Public Health Scotland and published in the Lancet, at least two weeks after the second dose of Covid jabs, protection against infection fell from 92% for the Alpha variant to 79% against the Delta variant for the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine, while for the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine the protection fell from 73% to 60% respectively.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jun/15/the-covid-delta-variant-how-effective-are-the-vaccines

Death rate is almost flatlining (down to ave.3 per day), hospital admission rate has an uptick but not raising the death rate, hospital rate rise linked to regions where communities are not getting jabbed - so in light of this I really don't understand postponing rule relaxation. It's time to get back to regular life. I'm absolutely sick of mask wearing.

View attachment 248814 View attachment 248815

I think you look sexy in a mask :10::10::10:

128 thousand people have died but we are told it's down to population size and reporting and the charts but no matter where I look the UK has the most death

Look here https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus#our-data-sources

if you sort by cumulative deaths/million you will find 17 countries with a higher death toll than the uk.

Not saying that we have done well but we are far from being the worst and getting further from being the worst all the time.

Back
Top Bottom