What's new

KABLOOM!

GUN VIOLENCE STATISTICS
Every day, on average, 316 people in America are shot in murders, assaults, suicides and suicide attempts, unintentional shootings, and police intervention.

Every day, 210 people are shot and survive.
  • 95 are injured in an attack

• 10 survive a suicide attempt

• 90 are shot unintentionally

• 4 are shot in a legal intervention
Every day, 106 people die from gun violence.
  • 39 are murdered

• 64 kill themselves

• 1 is killed unintentionally

• 1 dies but the intent is unknown

Wow, thats actually higher than i thought
Thats over 100,000 shot and over 35,000 killed each year, altho mostly by themselves or unintentionally it seems

Last edited:
GUN VIOLENCE STATISTICS
Every day, on average, 316 people in America are shot in murders, assaults, suicides and suicide attempts, unintentional shootings, and police intervention.

• 39 are murdered

• 64 kill themselves

Thats over 100,000 shot and over 35,000 killed each year, altho mostly by themselves or unintentionally it seems

U.S. annual gun deaths are staggering. I had a heated argument with an American on fb a couple of years ago. Think there'd been 45k deaths that year and the usual yearly spate of mass / school shootings. He tried telling me that the UK population should be armed because the U.S. was a shinning example of the right to bear arms and self protection and if we had guns we wouldn't have the stabbings in London. The guy was a real a-hole. Like giving people guns is a fix for knife crime, ffs.

Anyways, he tried arguing that suicide made up most gun deaths in the U.S. and therefore the annual gun death figures were worthless as a justification for gun control. Personally, I disagree and believe less guns = less suicides but I wouldn't tell an American how to live his life or what their gun laws should be. What really boiled my piss was his dumb as shit belief that to stop the couple hundred annual knife murders we should give everyone guns.

Purely from an outsiders perspective I do think you've got a serious, serious problem out there as far as guns and gun laws go. Far too many mass shootings, far too many school shootings and far too many gun related suicides. Unfortunately, I don't see a fix. Too much opposition to stricter gun controls.

Last edited:
I think the fact that there are an equal amount of accidental shooting as crime related shootings and the rest mostly made up of suicides is all the info needed.

The fix is to stop manufacturing them, especially assault rifles. And stop selling bullets. Then all u have is a hammer.

yes ppl will make their own bullets, but those ppl probably arent the ones accidentally shooting themselves.
Seems like a lot of work for a suicide too

(Crime is gonna happen with or without guns)

Edit-i wonder how many kids have died in mass shootings vs how many have died from vaping...

Last edited:
Seems like a lot of work for a suicide too
Quite the opposite. Gun suicides are high because guns are so easily to hand.

It only takes a minute for a potential suicide victim to have the second thought to change his/her mind. That's why you can't buy 100 paracetamol in a bottle anymore. Just the extra minute or two to have to press a load of tablets out of the blister pack, (after having to pre-plan to buy enough on hand), has cut those suicides dramatically. A loaded gun in the house makes the suicide attempt too quick and easy.

It only takes a minute for a potential suicide victim to have the second thought to change his/her mind. That's why you can't buy 100 paracetamol in a bottle anymore. Just the extra minute or two to have to press a load of tablets out of the blister pack, (after having to pre-plan to buy enough on hand), has cut those suicides dramatically. A loaded gun in the house makes the suicide attempt too quick and easy.
Completely agree. People with problems can get very emotional and despondent when drunk and many people - even without problems - do dumb shit when drunk. If there isn't a gun handy then it's far more effort. Taking pills means getting them and passing out before having regrets and phoning someone for help. Hanging yourself means choking yourself until you pass out and then die. Cutting your wrists is painful and bloody and a scary sight. Many people change their minds once they've started. There's no changing your mind after you pull the trigger. Remove the guns and suicides would free-fall with only the truly determined going all the way. IMHO.

I think he was referring to having to make your own bullets with which to kill yourself [emoji848]

GUN VIOLENCE STATISTICS

• 39 are murdered

• 64 kill themselves

Compared to 22 other high-income nations, the U.S. gun-related homicide rate is 25 times higher.[12] Although it has half the population of the other 22 nations combined, among those 22 nations studied, the U.S. had 82 percent of gun deaths, 90 percent of all women killed with guns, 91 percent of children under 14 and 92 percent of young people between ages 15 and 24 killed with guns.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_violence_in_the_United_States

You guys are definitely in a league of your own, bud.

Continuing the thread derailment, from flowers and bees to guns and dynamite... not sure if the gun violence problem is just a firearms thing, or more to do with culture, inequality and loose regs.

From an outsider's perspective, the US can seem quite ... volatile? But then I guess some of you soft southerners prob think that about London and Glasgow too.

Completely agree. People with problems can get very emotional and despondent when drunk and many people - even without problems - do dumb shit when drunk. If there isn't a gun handy then it's far more effort. Taking pills means getting them and passing out before having regrets and phoning someone for help. Hanging yourself means choking yourself until you pass out and then die. Cutting your wrists is painful and bloody and a scary sight. Many people change their minds once they've started. There's no changing your mind after you pull the trigger. Remove the guns and suicides would free-fall with only the truly determined going all the way. IMHO.
As banjostring said, i was referring to having to assemble a bullet in order to kill yourself.

It would also make them much more expensive, so less willy nilly drive by machine gun shootings

Back
Top Bottom