What's new

Just found this! Who misses these?

conanthewarrior

Achiever
image.jpg

I just found this in my draw, brings back a lot of memory’s, and the battery is still working! God knows how.

Have some strange mix tape in there at the moment, but who remember mini disc?

I’m not even sure if I could transfer songs to it now, but was proud as it could do the 4 times length- at a lower bit rate but made me happy it could hold that much music on one disc!

Think I am going to use this as long as there is still a way to transfer. I could use the studio and record through line in but that means playing the whole thing to record and hope it doesn’t clip or go wrong:

Anyone else found anything that’s made them smile lately from years before?

Still got a sony mini disc somewhere with disc's something like this

View attachment 264207

That’s a nice one you have there :)

I have a few discs not many- I had a look they are well expensive to buy now the blank ones!

I found the software disc for it, something called sonicstage. If I recall correctly it doesn’t run now, so I will be looking for an alternative.

I hope with all the love for things retro tech means I can find something someone has made.

That’s a nice one you have there :)

I have a few discs not many- I had a look they are well expensive to buy now the blank ones!

I found the software disc for it, something called sonicstage. If I recall correctly it doesn’t run now, so I will be looking for an alternative.

I hope with all the love for things retro tech means I can find something someone has made.

I used to use a cable that plugged into a PlayStation and then you just downloaded the music onto the disc that way still think I have the cable somewhere aswell need togo through a few box's and find it all at some point lol

i really liked them. found some discs stored away while clearing stuff out but no player any more to see what was on them.

I used to use a cable that plugged into a PlayStation and then you just downloaded the music onto the disc that way still think I have the cable somewhere aswell need togo through a few box's and find it all at some point lol
I didn’t know that was a possible way of doing it lol, what model PlayStation did you need to do that? As I have the PS1,2 and 4.
My 3 got stolen when I broke up with my ex, the people who bought my clothes round nicked it.

View attachment 264202
I just found this in my draw, brings back a lot of memory’s, and the battery is still working! God knows how.

I’m not even sure if I could transfer songs to it now, but was proud as it could do the 4 times length- at a lower bit rate but made me happy it could hold that much music on one disc!

Think I am going to use this as long as there is still a way to transfer. I could use the studio and record through line in but that means playing the whole thing to record and hope it doesn’t clip or go wrong:

It was the way I used to play my music in my workshop years ago.. Stopped working long ago but can't bring myself to launch it in the bin
IMG_20220119_121129.jpg

i really liked them. found some discs stored away while clearing stuff out but no player any more to see what was on them.
What brand are they and would you be willing to sell them? As I can only find 2 others and fancy a bit of minidisc fun for a while

View attachment 264202

It was the way I used to play my music in my workshop years ago.. Stopped working long ago but can't bring myself to launch it in the bin
View attachment 264244

Back
Top Bottom