What's new

Is it them or is it me?

Caught it mentioned on the news. In the UK 5 people with AZ and 2 with Pfizer. But they noted Germany has had 30 odd but nearly all women between 20 and 60. Apparently birth control is also a known possible link to the condition. At least that's what they said.

The contraceptive pill can cause blood clots in some women. It happened to my best friend when we were 16 - she started taking the pill when she had her first serious boyfriend. She had clots in her leg and shoulder and was in hospital for a couple of months while they stabilised her on blood thinners. Turns out she has a hereditary blood disorder that combined with the pill triggered DVT.

Well if they are going to be sexually permissive...(sorry)

What has contraception got to do with sexual permissiveness? :20:

I’ll put my tin foil hat on a say follow the money! Which one of the current vaccines is being made not for profit and will be sold at cost to countries that need it? This isn’t standard big pharma tactics and I’m sure it has ruffled a lot of feathers. Having said that, lots of people I know have had the az and have had a reaction for a few days (no clots but feeling wiped out), so it is obviously heavy stuff but then if you get the full virus, even if it doesn’t hospitalise you, it’s still really nasty so the vaccine will be rough. Personally, I’ll just be glad to get any vaccine but I guess I’ll probably be getting the moderna when my turn comes round

I don't know if the vaccine can be rough simply because the actual virus can be horrific. The AZ vaccine uses a weakened chimpanzee cold virus shell with small genetic material from the virus. That material is not capable of forming a functional corona virus so any side effects to AZ are either from the weakened chimp virus itself or the immune response to either the chimp virus or the fragment. But I don't think a line can necessarily be drawn directly from potential virus severity to potential vaccine side effect severity because they're totally different animals?

There would certainly be a lot more money to be made if AZ were out of the picture. But it would mean many European and Scandinavian governments being in cahoots with American Big Pharma and the associated cost and even further delayed vaccine rollout would actually fall on themselves. And poorer countries simply wouldn't care or if AZ disappeared for some reason they would probably simply turn to China or Russia, unable to afford U.S. prices.

Last edited:
The contraceptive pill can cause blood clots in some women. It happened to my best friend when we were 16 - she started taking the pill when she had her first serious boyfriend. She had clots in her leg and shoulder and was in hospital for a couple of months while they stabilised her on blood thinners. Turns out she has a hereditary blood disorder that combined with the pill triggered DVT.

What has contraception got to do with sexual permissiveness? :20:
It was a joke,that was an argument used against the 'pill' in the seventies.
I was also hinting that the German females were more randy than ours as more of them could be on the 'pill'.

A family friend had a clot in her leg after the AZ vaccine. She's also had them previously long before COVID-19 was even a thing. For some reason the thought seems to be growing in the back of my head that blood clots in the general population is relatively common but what they're all really concerned about is a very specific and rarer type of clot that only effects the brain? Too busy at the moment to try finding out if they're differentiating between clot types but that's the feeling I'm getting be it right or wrong.

:anyone:

And am I the only one whos predictive text keeps changing clots to clits? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Pfizer boss accuses EU of hampering Covid vaccine rollout

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/04/01/pfizer-boss-accuses-eu-hampering-covid-vaccine-rollout/

Pfizer has accused the European Union of hampering its Covid vaccine production.

The US drugmaker, which supplies Britain and more than 70 other countries with coronavirus jabs, said new EU rules about the free movement of goods across borders were damaging its ability to export the vaccine.

The rules oblige manufacturers to seek Brussels' approval before exporting every parcel of jabs, which has caused "a significant administrative burden and some uncertainty", said Danny Hendrikse, the pharmaceutical giant's vice-president of global supply.

“Ultimately what we would like our colleagues to do is to focus on making and distributing the vaccine,” he said.

Mr Hendrikse explained the process of gathering all the raw materials needed for jabs was "particularly complex".

"The components don't just come from Europe, but from all over the world," he said, explaining that for one dose, 280 are needed, which come from 86 suppliers in 19 countries.

His comments come amid a fierce dispute Britain and the EU over export controls.

European leaders had threatened to block exports of the vaccine to Britain while demanding that AstraZeneca boost production on the Continent.

Pfizer boss accuses EU of hampering Covid vaccine rollout

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/04/01/pfizer ok-boss-accuses-eu-hampering-covid-vaccine-rollout/

Pfizer has accused the European Union of hampering its Covid vaccine production.

The US drugmaker, which supplies Britain and more than 70 other countries with coronavirus jabs, said new EU rules about the free movement of goods across borders were damaging its ability to export the vaccine.

The rules oblige manufacturers to seek Brussels' approval before exporting every parcel of jabs, which has caused "a significant administrative burden and some uncertainty", said Danny Hendrikse, the pharmaceutical giant's vice-president of global supply.

“Ultimately what we would like our colleagues to do is to focus on making and distributing the vaccine,” he said.

Mr Hendrikse explained the process of gathering all the raw materials needed for jabs was "particularly complex".

"The components don't just come from Europe, but from all over the world," he said, explaining that for one dose, 280 are needed, which come from 86 suppliers in 19 countries.

His comments come amid a fierce dispute Britain and the EU over export controls.

European leaders had threatened to block exports of the vaccine to Britain while demanding that AstraZeneca boost production on the Continent.
Not sure how much more evidence we need they they are a bunch of cunts

its becoming glaringly obvious - and this isnt astrazeneca or limited to uk exporting

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom