What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

vapesmarter

Mod Maker
It’s Monday I’ve just cut the grass it’s warm here postie just delivered post

insurance renewal

insurance is the thing

life insurance, national insurance, car insurance, sickness insurance, home and contents insurance, liability insurance, credit card insurance, Dentist bills insurance, AA breakdown cover aka insurance

and now I see vaccine insurance....just in case.

my dad died last year

was he insured? I was ask ffs he was 92 when he was a young man they didn’t insure fuck all living till the next day in war time was tricky.

so now today insurance for everything including covid

Vaccine insurance?
Wouldn't that be some kind of add on if you're already BUPA style private?

Vaccine insurance?
Wouldn't that be some kind of add on if you're already BUPA style private?

If you’re severely disabled as a result of a vaccination against certain diseases, you could get a one-off tax-free payment of £120,000. This is called a Vaccine Damage Payment.

No wonder there were clauses opting covid jabs out..

Edit; Apparently not:

Eligibility

You could get a payment if you’re severely disabled and your disability was caused by vaccination against any of the following diseases:

• coronavirus (COVID-19)
  • diphtheria
  • haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib)
  • human papillomavirus
  • influenza, except for influenza caused by a pandemic influenza virus
  • measles
  • meningococcal group B (meningitis B)
  • meningococcal group C (meningitis C)
  • meningococcal group W (meningitis W)
  • mumps
  • pandemic influenza A (H1N1) 2009 (swine flu) - up to 31 August 2010
  • pertussis (whooping cough)
  • pneumococcal infection
  • poliomyelitis
  • rotavirus
  • rubella (German measles)
  • smallpox - up to 1 August 1971
  • tetanus
  • tuberculosis (TB)
https://www.gov.uk/vaccine-damage-payment/eligibility

If you’re severely disabled as a result of a vaccination against certain diseases, you could get a one-off tax-free payment of £120,000. This is called a Vaccine Damage Payment.

No wonder there were clauses opting covid jabs out..

Edit; Apparently not:

Eligibility

You could get a payment if you’re severely disabled and your disability was caused by vaccination against any of the following diseases:

• coronavirus (COVID-19)
  • diphtheria
  • haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib)
  • human papillomavirus
  • influenza, except for influenza caused by a pandemic influenza virus
  • measles
  • meningococcal group B (meningitis B)
  • meningococcal group C (meningitis C)
  • meningococcal group W (meningitis W)
  • mumps
  • pandemic influenza A (H1N1) 2009 (swine flu) - up to 31 August 2010
  • pertussis (whooping cough)
  • pneumococcal infection
  • poliomyelitis
  • rotavirus
  • rubella (German measles)
  • smallpox - up to 1 August 1971
  • tetanus
  • tuberculosis (TB)
https://www.gov.uk/vaccine-damage-payment/eligibility

Yeah, that's the Govt compo scheme which most of us will rely on.
I think @vapesmarter 's insurance is a junk leaflet offer from Aviva or Direct Line or Martin Lewis.

Yeah, that's the Govt compo scheme which most of us will rely on.
I think @vapesmarter 's insurance is a junk leaflet offer from Aviva or Direct Line or Martin Lewis.

I thought they wrote covid vaccines out of the equation for any claims, I do note you have to be 60% disabled, that's an odd description;

What counts as ‘severely disabled’

Disablement is worked out as a percentage, and ‘severe disablement’ means at least 60% disabled.

This could be a mental or physical disablement and will be based on medical evidence from the doctors or hospitals involved in your treatment.

I thought they wrote covid vaccines out of the equation for any claims, I do note you have to be 60% disabled, that's an odd description.

I've no idea. I don't work for Aviva and my junk post gets chucked in the bin. :)

I think that payment is akin to a one-off benefits payment, rather than proper insurance or court ruling.

I've worked in insurance yet don't have any. As long as I've enough to bury me, everything else is not worth what you pay. That's how they make money. Unless something is mandatory like car and Employers liability or landlords insurance then I'm not buying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom