What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

how do you feel about masks

mask

• its a good thing

Votes: 22 48.9%
  • i wish i didnt have to wear one

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • i want to look like boris i have a blue one

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • the damage and fear of the mask thing has been badly done

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • my banana has no mask

Votes: 12 26.7%

• Total voters
Bugger! You made me Google that and discover the vast choice of Printable PDFs.

Die Welt ist verrückt geworden!

I understand you thinking it's madness, but remember you still have to have something that makes you exempt according to the government list.
Simply downloading, and printing off a paper badge from the internet does not in itself make you exempt.
You can download a printable form from my council website.
As I say you still have to be able to explain why you are exempt, at the same time as wearing my badge, in my jacket pocket I also have a print out of a page from the government website listing the exemptions with mine highlighted, and also my inhaler.
It is just easier to wear a badge than have every fucking shopworker, and door staff stopping you, and grilling you about why you do not have a mask on.
I could have simply printed one out from the internet, but you then just have a flimsy bit of paper. the reason I bought mine is because it is like a credit card, but also comes with a holder, pocket clip, and neckstrap, cost was £6.50 including p&p, @Social Misfit has one as well, but from a different company, for much the same reasons as myself.
The bad thing about them is that it can be open to abuse, I do not think you should be able to just print one off the internet, no questions asked. Really the two (I believe) companies that you can order the same thing as mine should have to ask more information, such as the name, and address of your GP, and keep this info on file for if needed by the authorities.
I think the reason there has been little control over obtaining one is the GP surgeries would have been overwhelmed by hundreds of thousands of patients requesting a letter of exemption from them. In fact I did see a news report saying some surgeries in London had been inundated with such requests.

@Badboybez
It's madness that any Tom, Dick or Nonexemptarry can download and print a flimsy bit of paper, though one can work wonders with a laminator.
I wouldn't do such a thing myself as I'm a fine, upstanding citizen with a carefully controlled ink cartridge budget.

@Badboybez
It's madness that any Tom, Dick or Nonexemptarry can download and print a flimsy bit of paper, though one can work wonders with a laminator.
I wouldn't do such a thing myself as I'm a fine, upstanding citizen with a carefully controlled ink cartridge budget.

CISS - continuous ink supply system & just go nutz

@Badboybez

I 100% totally agree.
Even with my card i feel a bit fake.
I would much rather get something from my Doctor who know my conditions.

@Badboybez

I have a laser printer, and my wife has a laminator, so I could easily have gone down that route.
But if it means you have to fish it out of your pocket, and wave it in front of someone, it is to late, since wearing mine no one has even stopped me, and that is what I wanted.
As to the gov mobile phone display it is of little use to some one with contracture of the fingers, and you still have to wave it in someones face.
I am very happy with what I bought, but as I said, I think you should also have to give a few simple extra info such as your GP's details.

I 100% totally agree.
Even with my card i feel a bit fake.
I would much rather get something from my Doctor who know my conditions.

So would I mate.
But given the state of trying to get a GP appointment at the moment mate we would both still be waiting.
Sad state of affairs, but unfortunately that is the case.
Plus could you afford a note from your doctors, current rate for such things are circa £50 each.

Back
Top Bottom