What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

how do you feel about masks

mask

• its a good thing

Votes: 22 48.9%
  • i wish i didnt have to wear one

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • i want to look like boris i have a blue one

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • the damage and fear of the mask thing has been badly done

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • my banana has no mask

Votes: 12 26.7%

• Total voters

vapesmarter

Mod Maker
lots of turnabouts over masks I look at Boris with both his thumbs up and just shudder why does he do that in a shop where no staff are wearing masks, Jesus

so what is your view on it

handy poll with a banana

6E8AC009-6AA4-490C-8CC1-F65E0B4B41B7_1_105_c.jpeg

I wear one in the supermarket but my glasses keep steaming up!! I have to take my glasses off and just use them when I need to. Don't like them but I think it is the right way to go but how it will be enforced is another matter!

I'm not happy that I've got to wear one now but I will as it will be the law.
That's all I can say really.

It's a good thing, but I wish I didn't have to wear one. I cant see a thing ordinarily but with the mask on there's no chance, due to my glasses steaming up. Going to try the baby shampoo trick, a drop on each lens then a super quick rinse (a second or two) under the tap, then allow to dry, works with my swimming googles. Bananas.

Edit: I have 150 of those 3 ply medical style masks, just ordered another 100, and also getting some ffp2.

I hate them but I've been wearing them for ages the fitted n95 are great but with a visor and glasses on the sweat still steams up so its like

"shit I've gone blind where is the patient"

if Bojo stuck his thumbs up at me I would throw a bedpan at him

Should have been implemented in February.

Agreed. The only reason it wasn't was because the supply of masks was drying up way too fast and they needed to prioritise NHS and other care workers so they tried to play down the benefits of wearing them. Then the prices sky rocketed although they're slowly returning to normal again now.

The most obvious thing I thought that made them worth wearing was that while you're wearing one it acts as a constant reminder to avoid inadvertantly touching your face without thinking.

I don't mind having to wear one. If it helps and also helps to reassure other people around you then I'm happy to do it.

Agreed. The only reason it wasn't was because the supply of masks was drying up way too fast and they needed to prioritise NHS and other care workers so they tried to play down the benefits of wearing them.
I agree but again another poor gov decission.
Save the few at the cost of the masses which is two fold really if the use of masks were implemented it would have reduced the spread and in turn reduced the nhs pressure.
They should have been honest in the merits of wearing masks back in the beginning and just said it was advisable and left the sourcing of masks to the public after all if theres merit now it would have been more beneficial at the beginning.

Completely cool with it, I ordered 5 for a tenner as soon as I heard but yeah, we should've been doing this a while back. Absolutely loads about now with all sorts of daft patterns printed on them.

Back
Top Bottom