What's new

has uk 'lost control' of the coronavirus

What i find strange about the whole Covid 19 episode (and this is no conspiracy theroy) . How have the Chinese managed to virtually rid themselves of it?. We all know they locked down, but unlike the rest of the World they managed to stop it in it's tracks. Whilst they have had sporadic out breaks (single to double figures) they are contained quick and eradicated. How did they manage to virtually halt the progression at the flip of a coin. we could say they are fiddling the figures (what Gov is not fiddling the figures) But for that to be true there would still be some reports of getting out. How have they managed to keep their deaths at or very close to the original outbreak which is still less than 5k and 80 odd k infected, with billions in population?

Why is no Government questioning this???

Or is it due to the following, i noticed the following report, (cannot mind if it was the BBC or Sky) which stated a City had just had a breakout, and 12 folk infected.. they locked down that city instantly, and plan on testing every citizen within days.... 8 million of them!!

i think because they completely locked down the area the outbreak was in, shut it off totally and didn’t let people out their houses for a period, so they could isolate it completely. easier for a very authoritarian government, i suppose.

new zealand dealt with it very well too, by imposing a lockdown and stopping international travel. they still are seeing virtually no cases after being pretty badly affected at the start. they seem to have a fairly competent government.

the problem for us is that the government here is inept. everything they have done has been a mess. nothing has been done right and therefore nothing has worked. i suspect that’s a probably a factor in the other european countries that have fared badly, and obviously is the case in america.

We also don’t have particularly compliant citizens, we don’t trust our government (with good reason) and haven’t had a full ‘lockdown’. I think the vast majority of people did as advised in March, but even then some went off doing their own thing.

"Has the UK "lost control" of the coronavirus?

short answer yes

long answer

I was going to do a big long speech but what's the point when a phone call cant even be done

Back
Top Bottom