What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Got fat?

It's not exactly a good week to start to try and be more active either, then it's supposed to chuck down all next week

I slipped into the habit of a few cheeky beers on an evening this time last year, it's an easy habit because they taste so good. I just started buying 2 litre bottles of Pepsi Max so I could have something else that was cold and fizzy to drink on an evening instead. If I fancy a beer and don't lynch me :18: I get some 0% alcohol beers in
0% beer isn’t too bad. Now if they could make a zero calorie Big Mac…
Agree with the weather. I’m so terrible in the heat. Only thing that’s getting me through is lots of icey drinks and lots of WS23 in my vape!

The Wattbike Atom is working well now. Tried linking it to Zwift tonight - fun, but nothing that would make me subscribe. Think the stock training programmes are ace on their own and it frees up the tablet to get some Netflix on while I peddle.

C855D084-8D5F-41F4-920F-5694A3B3625D.jpeg

Decided to try and get fit lose a bit of weight if I could..I’ve been walking short distances most days yet not done any serious fitness for years but I needed something to help with cardio etc..being I have disabilities there was only limited stuff I can do..so low impact non weight bearing sort of stuff..
I Started using a spinner type bike but it destroyed me just hurt my knees and ankles to much and especially my bottom and was making me not want to use the bike and workout..
So I changed tack and got myself a Nordic track recumbent bike and it’s bloody brilliant
I’m doing cadres using the iFit app as it came with a year’s membership..I’m doing one day training and next day off currently following the trainer on the bike..brilliant thing is the bikes all electronic and connects to app and automatically adjusts the resistance etc to the trainers instructions doing 12 week course and each rides different from hill climbs to endurance..it’s great the bike does everything for you..you can even plot your own route using inbuilt google maps and the bike adjusts itself to the topography of the route you have plotted and gives you a street view changing as you cycle the route..
Best bit of kit I’ve brought..it’s working me hard on the beginner cadres but I’m bloody loving it..I get a great feeling when done and a great sense of achievement..

View attachment 251232

View attachment 251234
Dude...that looks just like my clothes hanger. ^5

20210720_155027.jpg

They r brilliant tho...friggin awesome, those recumbents i mean

The Wattbike Atom is working well now. Tried linking it to Zwift tonight - fun, but nothing that would make me subscribe. Think the stock training programmes are ace on their own and it frees up the tablet to get some Netflix on while I peddle.

View attachment 251273
Whoa u have a monitor on yours?? Not fair...which one is that?

Edit-duhh..atom

Yeh, no screen on the Atom. You have to use a phone, iPad, or both.
Wait, so is that an ipad there? In the pic?

Grrr, i hate apple. I assume any tablet or phone would work tho?, and it rides with u, or just a film of a biker?

(Like is it linked to u pedalling?)

(Im REALLY tired of watching my pulse, i want one with a screen that will ride with me, ya know)

Last edited:
Wait, so is that an ipad there? In the pic?

Grrr, i hate apple. I assume any tablet or phone would work tho?, and it rides with u, or just a film of a biker?

(Like is it linked to u pedalling?)

(Im REALLY tired of watching my pulse, i want one with a screen that will ride with me, ya know)
All the sensors Bluetooth data to whatever app you use. In Zwift I rode around Central Park last night. Using the Wattbike app, I do structured workouts while watching Netflix.

Hmm, this thing has bluetooth, and speakers and a fan, i didnt try hookin my phone up to it, figured it was just for music..

Freemotion 370r

(I got it from someone when they moved in to a old age home n we cleaned out the house. Or she passed, im not sure, so i know nothing about it, says it has apps tho)

Ahh, u need a seperate monitor that sticks in the top peice, oh well, to use it its a monthly fee.

Guess ill just stick to pedalling and watching tv

(Theres no way im keeping up with anyone older than 9 anyway)

Played four footy matches over three days this week - it really feels like something is inside my feet smashing bones with a tiny hammer.

Had a couple of nights on the gin, a pizza and a Chinese this week, so the weigh-in on Tuesday will be interesting. I'll be over the moon if I've replicated last week's 2.4kg drop.

Back
Top Bottom