What's new

Got fat?

Mawsley

Putting the soup into super hero
*sigh*

In a minute I’m going to have to clamber out of bed. This means in two minutes I’m going to have to climb on the exercise bike and pound out 10 miles before doing sit ups and press ups.

I entered Lockdowns as a bit of a fat shit, I’m exiting them as an incredibly fat shit and it seems the entire world has an opinion on this - not least my nurse, doctor, and wife. *3 separate individuals unfortunately, which rules out sexy times.

Then, stretching before me, I can look forward to a breakfast of dust, a dinner consisting of flavoured liquid, and a supper that rabbits might object to for lack of imagination and variety. Then, at the end of the week, my access to alcohol has been replaced with an all-you-can-drink water option.

Anyone else having to or being forced to reconsider their lifestyle, meal and rehydration options? Make me happy and tell me that I’m not the only one being unhappy.

And...and...I’ve been signed up to play old fat man football with other old fat men.

I suspect my wife has taken out an increased life insurance policy.

You're not the only one

I'm not fat by no means but carrying a bit more than I normally would

This time last year, I was probably in the best shape I've been in for a good while then about October, when we got sent home again & the weather turned cold, it went to shit. Add in Christmas & I'd put on a stone. Add in the bump of Easter & I'm still trying to lose it

Gyms reopened two weeks ago & I pick up an injury so that got hampered

Logging food on MyFitnessPal, stopping the booze, takeaways & chocolates, focusing on lean meat, high fibre carbs & fruit more so than veggies & getting in 10,000 steps a day

When I was 19 I was 21 stone, I'm 39 now & 14st 3 so overall not bad but I want to get back to 13st 12 sort of territory

And...and...I’ve been signed up to play old fat man football with other old fat men.

I suspect my wife has taken out an increased life insurance policy.

That's good, if you like playing football. Plenty of movement & running whilst it's fun & social :thumbup:

When I was 19 I was 21 stone, I'm 39 now & 14st 3 so overall not bad but I want to get back to 13st 12 sort of territory

How tall are you? I'm 5 10, used to be 5 11 but due to a rotten lumbar spine l've lost about an inch. Even after my lumbar went (2012) i maintained 13 stone . Now I'm 15 3, it's the beer and lockdown, plus I cant do the swimming, cycling, hiking and yoga, at the levels I used to. There is no way I will fit in my neoprenes for early sea swimming, so I'm going to have to suffer a bit :18: I did lose 2 kg recently, it feels like it's back on tbh, I'm just not motivated, I need to give myself a bollocking but cant even be assed with doing that :doh:

My worse weight was 16 1/2 stone, 44 inch waist (1990 - 2000s), best was 12 - 12 3, loose 34inch waist, 2010 - through to august 2012, I was actually quite skinny then.

That's good, if you like playing football. Plenty of movement & running whilst it's fun & social :thumbup:
I do love a bit of cycling and footy so it’s not all bad. Once I can walk three steps without needing to call an Uber I’ll get back to karate too.

The big trouble is alcohol, I love alcohol - now the lad has left home it’s the only thing that blots out the noise of the women. I think I need to charge my noise-cancelling headphones :D

How tall are you? I'm 5 10, used to be 5 11 but due to a rotten lumbar spine l've lost about an inch. Even after my lumbar went (2012) i maintained 13 stone . Now I'm 15 3, it's the beer and lockdown, plus I cant do the swimming, cycling, hiking and yoga, at the levels I used to. There is no way I will fit in my neoprenes for early sea swimming, so I'm going to have to suffer a bit :18: I did lose 2 kg recently, it feels like it's back on tbh, I'm just not motivated, I need to give myself a bollocking but cant even be assed with doing that :doh:

My worse weight was 16 1/2 stone, 44 inch waist (1990 - 2000s), best was 12 - 12 3, loose 34inch waist, 2010 - through to august 2012, I was actually quite skinny then.

6' 5 so I can pull off being fat quite well but I notice it, it's just all sat on my love handles right now :18:

That's the problem, motivation, it's easy to be unmotivated, eat & drink what you want & before you know it it's been 6 months you've piled on a stone or two. It's even rougher on motivation when you add an injury on top

6' 5 so I can pull off being fat quite well but I notice it, it's just all sat on my love handles right now :18:

That's the problem, motivation, it's easy to be unmotivated, eat & drink what you want & before you know it it's been 6 months you've piled on a stone or two. It's even rougher on motivation when you add an injury on top
S'why I like the exercise bike because of the whole low impact thing. That and I don't have to incur the wrath of drivers and can watch Netflix while I'm doing it.

I've set an alarm. 8am every morning I get a message to exercise including a picture of Fat Me. That appears to be all the motivation I need :D

S'why I like the exercise bike because of the whole low impact thing. That and I don't have to incur the wrath of drivers and can watch Netflix while I'm doing it.

I've set an alarm. 8am every morning I get a message to exercise including a picture of Fat Me. That appears to be all the motivation I need :D

That's a brilliant motivation tool :18::18:

Yeah, low impact, nice & safe, it's why I like walking, running used to give me knee gyp so walking suits & while I do I can think "well, at least I'm not sat on my arse doing nothing"

I'm not fat but I am a stone heavier than I was before I started working from home as I'm not cycling to work and back every day. I do still go cycling and for longer rides, but much less frequently (although better weather/lighter nights should change that). I still walk a lot too so I am active, but the problem is it's too easy to eat all day when working from home. For example I have now tried every brand of shortbread and can list them in a league table (1/ Walkers, 2/ Co-op, 3/ Spar - I could go on). We've probably been over-indulging on take-aways a bit too much too. I fucking love food though, but pre WFH I was burning it off. I got a shock the other day when I tried to button up some new 34" jeans and had to admit defeat...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom