What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Germany to hold vote on mandatory Covid vaccinations

Mandatory in the next 12 months? I dunno - in 12 months the last election would have been held 3 years ago, and the resulting shit-storm would take a long time to die down. I think that if it does happen its more likely to be in the next 3 months, if the NHS get swamped. Hopefully not at all.

As someone who is jabbed and boosted I've got no dog in this race., but I seriously doubt that BJ has the balls - he's more interested in his own job and if he's in charge when this ever gets the go ahead the door will be hitting him in the arse on his way out..

Mandatory in the next 12 months? I dunno - in 12 months the last election would have been held 3 years ago, and the resulting shit-storm would take a long time to die down. I think that if it does happen its more likely to be in the next 3 months, if the NHS get swamped. Hopefully not at all.

As someone who is jabbed and boosted I've got no dog in this race., but I seriously doubt that BJ has the balls - he's more interested in his own job and if he's in charge when this ever gets the go ahead the door will be hitting him in the arse on his way out..

The people who vote for Boris (core grey vote) are mostly all jabbed and up to date, it's the youngsters who don't generally vote for him/ the Tories, who will be the target groups, so he has little to fear electorally, from mandatory jabs.

Yeah, I listened to him again from the start. Opinion hasn't changed. :P

How 'bout this then @Mitz: I bet you 60 ml of my famous Lemon Custard we will have mandatory Vacc's within 12 months? Yesterday one of Boris' ministers (cannae mind his name) said "......we have no plans etc, etc.....but we are not ruling it out...". Also t'day the redoubtable Boris did say "....we will have to consider how we protect those who are not vaccinated...." This is all political speak, I am convinced they will get the vaccinated to pressure the refusenicks, failing which, they will lock up the unvaxed at home 'till they capitulate. I watched a speech by Neil Oliver At the New Culture Forum 2021....to paraphrase his hour long speech.....'Stand up people, or we are fucked'; no quite but in that ballpark.

Hmm. :hmm:

Okay, a couple of things.....

1... I don't even eat custard let alone vape eliquids that taste like p*** - yellow goo. rofl.gif

2... The vaxxed putting pressure on the unvaxxed is not mandatory vaccination. Even the whole "vaccine passport" is not mandatory vaccination. You had to show proof of vaccination to go to a night club. That's not mandatory vaccination. Could pressure be applied to unvaxxed in many ways? Absolutely. Mandatory vaccination? Nah, just don't see it mate. :)

3... This isn't the last variant. Try and make vaccination mandatory for this one and what does tomorrow hold? Mandatory boosters for all new VOC that start to spread? It's opening a can of worms best left untouched. And once that is enacted, what else could they dream up?

People can feel I underestimate the potential for mandatory vaccination. Personally, I believe people underestimate the backlash and strength of opposition to such a course of action.

Maybe I'm blind, but I just don't see it. :)

People can feel I underestimate the potential for mandatory vaccination. Personally, I believe people underestimate the backlash and strength of opposition to such a course of action.

Vaccine passports and pcr/ lft neg test results, for relevant venue admission will get the demonstrators out in their droves, will they protest before Christmas though, I think they might. Footballs gonna be fucked, for one?

Vaccine passports and pcr/ lft neg test results, for relevant venue admission will get the demonstrators out in their droves, will they protest before Christmas though, I think they might. Footballs gonna be fucked, for one?
Yeah, was just making the point that Covid passports and pressure from the vaxxed is a long way from mandatory vaccination.

Yes, it would no doubt upset a lot of people. Know what else would? surprise.gif

The people who vote for Boris (core grey vote) are mostly all jabbed and up to date

i’m not so sure you have the boris voters as sussed as you think. what about the former red wall? a lot of folk voted for him purely because of the brexit fever. who knows, maybe they regret it now.

@Mitz i pretty much agree with you, i think compulsory vaccines are highly unlikely. the covid passport is their way in about that, he is now just following the lead of sturgeon and the scottish greens who think this will encourage youngsters who are hesitant for whatever reason to go and get the vaccine. the hardcore conspiracist refusers will never comply anyway, even if they made it compulsory. they’ll go off the grid and live in the mountains before that.

and then there are the ethnic minority communities who very understandably have a contingent with absolutely no trust in either the government or the pharmaceutical industry.

i don’t know, the whole thing is fucked up.

@Mitz i pretty much agree with you, i think compulsory vaccines are highly unlikely. the covid passport is their way in about that, he is now just following the lead of sturgeon and the scottish greens who think this will encourage youngsters who are hesitant for whatever reason to go and get the vaccine. the hardcore conspiracist refusers will never comply anyway, even if they made it compulsory. they’ll go off the grid and live in the mountains before that.

and then there are the ethnic minority communities who very understandably have a contingent with absolutely no trust in either the government or the pharmaceutical industry.

i don’t know, the whole thing is fucked up.

Opposition to mandatory vaccination in this country would be fierce and very problematic, imho, and it wouldn't only come from the anti-vaxx brigade, it would, imho, come from all quarters including from many within Parliament. It just seems like an impossible sale to me here in the UK.

People obviously hear different things when listening to the same thing. What I hear from BJ in that press briefing seems to be very different to what @andipandi hears. No idea if I'm just hearing what I want to hear, hearing what I THINK he's saying, or if I'm listening and reading between the lines, I really don't know. But when I listen to what he said what I hear is the first words out of his mouth expressing that mandatory vaccination doesn't sit well with him and is not what is expected in this country, and that is exactly what I would expect him to say. Andi thinks the "other measures" clearly means mandatory vaccination. I must be one of those "thick as shit" people (definitely not ruling that possibility out) because when I hear that I can imagine a load of possible "other measures" that does NOT include mandatory vaccination. Yes, eventually we are going to have to try and move away from the continuous possibility and reality of restrictions. But that depends almost entirely on covid. Doesn't matter what we want to do because it can all change almost instantly with a single new variant. But a "national conversation" on how to try and achieve that goal "IF and when" the time comes - to quote BJ - doesn't seem unreasonable. If that conversation happens and turns to the option of mandatory vaccination then I don't think that conversation will ever actually lead to mandatory vaccination.

It is effed up Zou. Covid is nasty. In my opinion people should get vaccinated, but I have a mate who isn't and I have a step daughter who isn't. I'm not going to judge them because it's their choice. I may not agree with it but I'm sure I've made a million choices in my life most people would disagree with. If I'd chosen not to be vaccinated then that would have been my choice and nobody else's. And if someone tried to force me? Yeah, good luck with that. :assassin:

This is only my opinion, others are obviously entitled to theirs, but as far as I'm concerned, mandatory vaccination would be a truly shocking development that I just cannot see happening. I don't care what Germany, Austria, Greece, or the rest of Europe does. They can have at it. I'm not German, Austrian, Greek, French, etc. And I'm not anti-vaxx, I've had both and I'm having my booster, but the day we bring in mandatory vaccination is a day that I'd feel embarrassed to be British.

The means do not always justify the (imagined) end.

Just my opinion. Other's MMV.

Last edited:
i’m not so sure you have the boris voters as sussed as you think. what about the former red wall? a lot of folk voted for him purely because of the brexit fever. who knows, maybe they regret it now.

They're not core Tory voters, not yet at least.

They're not core Tory voters, not yet at least.

to be honest i think bj might appeal more to them than he does to core tory voters.

the reason i think mandatory covid vaccines are unlikely is not because it’s against bj’s principles. i think he is largely quite an unprincipled opportunist. it won’t happen because here it won’t have much public support.

but remember it wasn’t all that long ago the smallpox vaccine was mandatory. i think there are definitely circumstances where it could happen. imagine a new virus like covid appeared, but with 100% death rate like rabies.

Back
Top Bottom