What's new

England vaccine passport plans ditched, Sajid Javid says

and the kids will be offered jabs...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-58547659

took them long enough to announce it
look if you want your kids jabbed, take them to a vaccine centre
(with parents/guardian or on their own if they can freely Gillick competent/consent)
then concerned parents minds will be eased about possible coercion in schools

pretty sure the vaccine centres will ensure or be reluctant to freely jab u16's
they feel might not be fully able to consent
Only a recommendation from one medical body.
Still not decided by gov.

Only a recommendation from one medical body.
Still not decided by gov.

Still dancing around the topic but looks like all 4 nations will be introducing this "offer"
after conflicting "advice" from different medical bodies...

Screenshot from 2021-09-13 16-36-11.png

Other conspiracy theories are saying if they segregated people into vaxxed/non-vaxxed
and the vaxxed still caught/spread COVID even after segregation it would undermine
the passport/segregation proposal and/or the true effectiveness of the vaccines as cases rise in winter
But by not segregating people with passports, the government can then bring lockdown measures as
the spread is due to allowing people to mix so freely without passport/segregation

Hmmm... bit ultra tin foil hat, think many are not going to be surprised if or mostly likely when lockdowns return

Wild conspiracies aside - I think there may some younger people wondering why they got jabbed so quickly
if now passports may not be introduced (YET - but they will keep the threat/proposal on the table)

Crazy times indeed
That does sound VERY tin foil hat to me - from everything I've seen, rightly or wrongly, the government seems to want to save the economy and avoid more lockdowns at all costs?

Pre-Delta, the vaccine passport did look a viable proposition, but now we know that the vaccinated can still transmit it, it does seem pointless? The whole game changed, not just the goalposts?

That does sound VERY tin foil hat to me - from everything I've seen, rightly or wrongly, the government seems to want to save the economy and avoid more lockdowns at all costs?

Pre-Delta, the vaccine passport did look a viable proposition, but now we know that the vaccinated can still transmit it, it does seem pointless? The whole game changed, not just the goalposts?

Well it will be interesting to see what Nicola does now...
Last brief snippet i saw was mentioning spot checks for passports
so who knows if it will be fully implemented north of border

and Wales is to decide what it is doing in next day or so...

Basically they all are just looking over the other kid's shoulders
seeing what they are doing and mostly copying their answers

My guess is Nicola will row back on passports (partially at the very least)
then if/when it all goes tits up, she'll blame the English (again)

Obscenely off-topic, but everything scotland / england stuff raises it's head I always think of this old JO episode about scottish independence.

There's a lovely clip of Cameron being a total c*** about 6.45.

Back
Top Bottom