What's new

Dr Mike Yeadon

he remains vague about them, but here again is the quote from his article on why sage were wrong that i posted above:

“This matches current evidence, with COVID-19 deaths remaining a fraction of what they were in spring, despite numerous questionable practices, all designed to artificially increase the number of apparent COVID-19 deaths.”

this is definitely explicitly suggesting a conspiracy, don’t you think? not just claiming incompetence.
No Zou. There's a clear difference between questioning the data gathering and the interpretation thereof and making claims as to the nefarious purpose and intent behind the data being deliberately misinterpreted.

In the same way, scientists and arhitects can point to the evidence of the Twin Towers collapsing through controlled demolition without engaging in the debate about a possible false flag attack. The separation is important.

Labelling every dissenting voice as conspiracy theory is straight out of the establishment's defensive playbook, as is smearing anyone who presents evidence that the official account might be wrong.

i just have a dislike for this sort of pedalling of an agenda with the veneer of scientific validity.
Given Dr Yeadon's qualifications to speak on the subject, this looks like smearing to me. I'm not saying he can't be wrong, and maybe I missed something ... so what's this agenda that he's pedalling?

I love the word ‘nefarious’, I really must try to use it more often :22:

They have now found this nefarious spider in the UK thought to be extinct :2thumbsup:
upload_2020-10-31_13-5-25.png

Last edited:
No Zou. There's a clear difference between questioning the data gathering and the interpretation thereof and making claims as to the nefarious purpose and intent behind the data being deliberately misinterpreted.

In the same way, scientists and arhitects can point to the evidence of the Twin Towers collapsing through controlled demolition without engaging in the debate about a possible false flag attack. The separation is important.

Labelling every dissenting voice as conspiracy theory is straight out of the establishment's defensive playbook, as is smearing anyone who presents evidence that the official account might be wrong.

Given Dr Yeadon's qualifications to speak on the subject, this looks like smearing to me. I'm not saying he can't be wrong, and maybe I missed something ... so what's this agenda that he's pedalling?

i have to disagree. they key word there in the quote in my post is “designed”. he is saying that questionable practices are underway that are designed to inflate the covid death numbers. this is explicitly conspiratorial, whether or not he speculates on who has designed the practices or why they’ve done it.

he’s not just saying questionable practices have inflated the numbers. he is saying this has been done purposefully.

as i mentioned there are more examples of this kind of conspiracy theorist bait language in the videos that i don’t have the time or inclination to go and find.

I love the word ‘nefarious’, I really must try to use it more often :22:

it is a good word, but i don’t think i even used it in this thread.

Here is how he ends one of his articles

I have explained how a hopelessly-performing diagnostic test has been, and continues to be used, not for diagnosis of disease but, it seems, solely to create fear.

This misuse of power must cease. All the above costs are on the ledger, too, when weighing up the residual risks to society from COVID-19 and the appropriate actions to take, if any. Whatever else happens, the test used in Pillar 2 must be immediately withdrawn as it provides no useful information. In the absence of vastly inflated case numbers arising from this test, the pandemic would be seen and felt to be almost over.
Dr Mike Yeadon is the former CSO and VP, Allergy and Respiratory Research Head with Pfizer Global R&D and co-Founder of Ziarco Pharma Ltd. The whole thing here-https://lockdownsceptics.org/lies-damned-lies-and-health-statistics-the-deadly-danger-of-false-positives/

His belief that most positive tests are false positives is a scientific disagreement with most of his peers.
His believe that power is being misused in order to create fear, sounds like a conspiracy theory to me.
He does not name the conspirators but if he was right then it would have to include at the very least, the scientists and the politicians. and possibly the media,

i have to disagree. they key word there in the quote in my post is “designed”. he is saying that questionable practices are underway that are designed to inflate the covid death numbers. this is explicitly conspiratorial, whether or not he speculates on who has designed the practices or why they’ve done it.

he’s not just saying questionable practices have inflated the numbers. he is saying this has been done purposefully.

as i mentioned there are more examples of this kind of conspiracy theorist bait language in the videos that i don’t have the time or inclination to go and find.
Just that? Ok, that's cool. :) You agree that he hasn't presented a conspiracy theory at all, he has only pointed out that the design of the data gathering and its interpretation (its purpose) is questionable.

I cannot for the life of me understand how any data analytics process can be implemented or reviewed without a thorough understanding of its purpose and its design - it cannot be thrown together by accident. One has to design the data requirements, gather it, organise it, clean it and then present it in such a way that it facilitates the decision-making that has to take place on it. Surely one can point out a flaw in the "design" as an error without implying that there's a nefarious purpose behind it? His point is that the design is incorrect. How can questioning the design of a data analytics process amount to a full blown conspiracy theory?

Are you absolutely certain that you're not finding bait language because that's all you're looking for?

Just that? Ok, that's cool. :) You agree that he hasn't presented a conspiracy theory at all, he has only pointed out that the design of the data gathering and its interpretation (its purpose) is questionable.

I cannot for the life of me understand how any data analytics process can be implemented or reviewed without a thorough understanding of its purpose and its design - it cannot be thrown together by accident. One has to design the data requirements, gather it, organise it, clean it and then present it in such a way that it facilitates the decision-making that has to take place on it. Surely one can point out a flaw in the "design" as an error without implying that there's a nefarious purpose behind it? His point is that the design is incorrect. How can questioning the design of a data analytics process amount to a full blown conspiracy theory?

Are you absolutely certain that you're not finding bait language because that's all you're looking for?

i’m not sure how you could have misunderstand the quote i posted in the way that you have but here it is again:

“This matches current evidence, with COVID-19 deaths remaining a fraction of what they were in spring, despite numerous questionable practices, all designed to artificially increase the number of apparent COVID-19 deaths.”

he isn’t saying that the design of data gathering is questionable. he is saying that “numerous questionable practices” are “designed to artificially increase” the covid death numbers.

i.e. that someone or some group has designed questionable practices relating to covid 19 deaths with the purpose of artificially inflating the numbers.

His belief that most positive tests are false positives is a scientific disagreement with most of his peers.
Fortunately, science isn't democratic and cares less what the majority believe.
His believe that power is being misused in order to create fear, sounds like a conspiracy theory to me.
Interesting. I would be very suspicious of anyone telling me that power is not being misused in order to create fear. Have you lost your sense of smell and taste? :)
He does not name the conspirators but if he was right then it would have to include at the very least, the scientists and the politicians. and possibly the media,
Unless he's not interested at all in the conspiracy, only the science. If he's correct it will be up to others to handle the fallout.

Seems to me that in times of crisis people become averse to complexity and seek simplicity, they seek unity and avoid division, they want strong leadership and they stop listening to the contrary view. It's amazing to see how normal behaviours change, how different opinions are shut down and establishment views become so attractive. Maybe I am naive but I'm not saying he's right, I just don't want every other opinion dismissed so readily.

I though he came across as pretty balanced to be honest, I have my own suspicions about how this Government is using this Virus for it's own means, and I don't know what is so hard to believe about a Tory Government being corrupt, and Scientists and mainstream media backing them, you only have to take Vaping as an example of the scaremongering that's achievable if they all work together !!!

Back
Top Bottom