What's new

Did you go out today?

p-258-174-7bfd2ba9-7dd7-4e2e-b7b0-179503a804c9.jpeg

Uncaring bastards.
See that's what I mean, you are not really sorry.
Tossers.......................

No idea on where to post this as there's so many Covid threads :D

The news on the radio just said the Indian variant rate had doubled in the UK in the last week, the next breath was saying we can meet up indoors & drink in the pub

Really doesn't seem a good idea to me

I'm still just doing the daily works & shopping when needed, nothing exciting really

No idea on where to post this as there's so many Covid threads :D

The news on the radio just said the Indian variant rate had doubled in the UK in the last week, the next breath was saying we can meet up indoors & drink in the pub

Really doesn't seem a good idea to me

I'm still just doing the daily works & shopping when needed, nothing exciting really
Indeed.
Just heard in Kent, I may be heading for a localised lockdown!
17th May was D-Day, my birthday the 18th, probably be when they lock me down? :17::17:

Went and got Pfizered again yesterday, 7-10 days time should give me the best protection, but the Indian variant is a concern. Why the borders where not closed earlier to keep the variant out is beyhond thinking.
There isn't much on the news about how many new cases or deaths per day, it's all about opening everything back up, give it a month or 2 and hospitals will start to fill up with folks who refused the jab and folks mix more.

Went and got Pfizered again yesterday, 7-10 days time should give me the best protection, but the Indian variant is a concern. Why the borders where not closed earlier to keep the variant out is beyhond thinking.
There isn't much on the news about how many new cases or deaths per day, it's all about opening everything back up, give it a month or 2 and hospitals will start to fill up with folks who refused the jab and folks mix more.

Exactly

I honestly assumed, that our borders would've been closed a year ago, but nah, they were open & the Brazialian & South African variants made it over here, now the Indian variant is here & on the increase

It just seems common sense to have at least restricted the borders & maybe think about delaying it a couple of weeks before letting people go round people's houses & the pubs because we know what it'll be like Monday

^^^^^^this exactly^^^^^^^

Relaxing things the same time as another variant rears it's ugly head..
There may be trouble ahead

Indeed.
Just heard in Kent, I may be heading for a localised lockdown!
17th May was D-Day, my birthday the 18th, probably be when they lock me down? :17::17:

Just tried searching any news on possible Kent lockdown, not found anything. I though kent has pretty low rates of Covid. We've had lockdowns 1 and 2 and also Tier 4. Looks like it may be back to home deliveries if we have another local lockdown.

The Indian Variant has been found quite local to me, in a place called Smethwick. It is a town consisting of mostly Ethnic minorities, obviously someone went to India and returned with the Variant, If other variants crop up then the country should go on a red list for travel, no one leaves no one arrives.

Back
Top Bottom