What's new

Daily total 78,761 coronavirus cases in india

The strange thing with India is the seemingly low death numbers for such a huge country - just under 65,000?

The strange thing with India is the seemingly low death numbers for such a huge country - just under 65,000?
Depends on how they're counting. If using WHO guidelines then could explain the low numbers seeing as how ours dropped 8,000+ when adjusted.

Depends on how they're counting. If using WHO guidelines then could explain the low numbers seeing as how ours dropped 8,000+ when adjusted.
It could - I also wonder if a much lower average life expectancy could affect it?

It could - I also wonder if a much lower average life expectancy could affect it?
And the fact people could be dying undiagnosed so not listed under CV19 as cause of death. Overall death figures & % increase over normal death rates would give a truer figure.

Don't forget that most of the population are in the rural areas.
Plus with the living conditions they have experienced for decades, the Indians may have a higher immune system than other countries.

For example, when I was working regularly in India, with having to take Malaria tablets for a couple of weeks before going, while I was there, and a few weeks afterwards, I was eating the things like bloody Smarties every day for two years, plus all the other jabs I had to have.

Don't forget that most of the population are in the rural areas.
Plus with the living conditions they have experienced for decades, the Indians may have a higher immune system than other countries.

For example, when I was working regularly in India, with having to take Malaria tablets for a couple of weeks before going, while I was there, and a few weeks afterwards, I was eating the things like bloody Smarties every day for two years, plus all the other jabs I had to have.
Could also be that because of the weather many houses are more open to the air than ours in the UK. We lived on verandahs and rarely had more than mosquito netting at the windows.

I suspect the immunity might be country specific though - I was fine out East but when we came to the UK I went down with everything going - mumps, glandular fever, measles .......... :D

Back
Top Bottom