What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

cronyism

zouzounaki

Olympian
has anybody been following the situation with government contracts? there are articles here and there. i’ve not found one that summarises the whole thing. EU regulations allow the government to grant contracts without competitive tendering in an emergency. it’s pretty clear they are giving out contracts left and right to their cronies, mates and donors, companies that on paper barely exist, mates of cummings’ and gove, boris donors being handed millions and not even coming through with the goods. pretty shocking.

Wouldn't surprise me. I used to work for one of the companies that gets government contracts, won't say the name but I know they're currently running the roadside testing as I've seen the name on their high-vis.

Was a complete disaster, turned something that was a public service into a target driven sales environment. Badgering employers to take on apprentices, and because it was sales driven, some people would push them onto employers who didn't really want one. I would not like to be the poor apprentice in that situation.

has anybody been following the situation with government contracts? there are articles here and there. i’ve not found one that summarises the whole thing. EU regulations allow the government to grant contracts without competitive tendering in an emergency. it’s pretty clear they are giving out contracts left and right to their cronies, mates and donors, companies that on paper barely exist, mates of cummings’ and gove, boris donors being handed millions and not even coming through with the goods. pretty shocking.
This has been going on decades - no matter what government

You only have to look at Big Tobacco and the FDA for a good example. Doesn't matter on what country you see it in. If companies have the money they can buy a government favor.

not at all in the way it is at the moment, because EU law prevents it in non emergency circumstances.
The EU that has an actual lounge for company lobbyist meetings ?

but anyway, this thread isn’t about lobbying, it’s about contract procurement. what’s happening at the minute is a farce, it’s scandalous.

Back
Top Bottom