What's new

Covid anti-lockdown protest

Personally, I think Boris has done as good a job as possible over Brexit, given all the bluster, but no progress by people who were previously passed the "poisoned chalice"

Covid, he has done a better job than many other leaders in the world, given the fact that is was a new virus that nobody had any information on, about how it would behave.

So I think that Boris has been a good leader so far.
But, a part of me would like to see Starmer put in charge, and see what a fuck up he could make of running the country.

How has he done a good job over brexit other than run the clock out until we left? I'm not arguing that he hasn't necessarily, but I don't really see much happening other than stuff that just happened as a result of us leaving, which would have happened regardless.

.. and I think the covid response has been weak and reactionary really. We are islands, he should have done a much better job of protecting us in the first place. Sure he's done as bad as many other leaders but that's not much to aspire to is it?

I don't think he'd get more than a 5/10 from me and that's being generous.

How has he done a good job over brexit other than run the clock out until we left? I'm not arguing that he hasn't necessarily, but I don't really see much happening other than stuff that just happened as a result of us leaving, which would have happened regardless.

.. and I think the covid response has been weak and reactionary really. We are islands, he should have done a much better job of protecting us in the first place. Sure he's done as bad as many other leaders but that's not much to aspire to is it?

I don't think he'd get more than a 5/10 from me and that's being generous.

exactly, anybody would have struggled to make a worse job of it. he is an incompetent deadbeat.

he ended up accepting the deal the eu first offered, that he and the rest of his mob forced t may to reject because of the sea border. he lied about having an oven ready deal, to win an election, which was really a withdrawal agreement and pretty much the one t may already had negotiated.

northern ireland is on the verge of food shortages and seafood traders are on the verge of collapse. people can’t order anything from abroad any more for fear of being hit with ridiculous and unpredictable charges. musicians are resigned to giving up touring in europe.

bez has some bizarre opinions about most things, mind. :)

Better job than many? Fucking hell. :18:

Pass those drugs down this way please.

You wonder why people have put their stock in conspiracy theories over covid when the information we are given literally contradicts itself.

Spanish scientist saying covid deaths lose on average 16 years of life and contrary to belief the majority of deaths aren't the very old.

Which directly contradicts the literal data we have in this country.

Or we predict everyone to live to 100?

So who is lying?

Point I'm making is constant information being communicated that contradicts each other or fearful media is going to cause people to start buying into alternatives.

I read a story today that emphasises the danger of new strains and how the vaccines won't protect people anywhere near as much against new strains , but they will still protect against hospitalisation and deaths? Isn't that literally the point of the vaccine?

Another about someone who died of covid but also a terminal blood illness AND natural causes all in the same article.

There has never been a clean line or information , it's all about publishing anything and everything so don't be surprised that people start turning to alternatives to buy into a truth that they deem probable.

You wonder why people have put their stock in conspiracy theories over covid when the information we are given literally contradicts itself.

Spanish scientist saying covid deaths lose on average 16 years of life and contrary to belief the majority of deaths aren't the very old.

So who is lying?

Point I'm making is constant information being communicated that contradicts each other or fearful media is going to cause people to start buying into alternatives.

I read a story today that emphasises the danger of new strains and how the vaccines won't protect people anywhere near as much against new strains , but they will still protect against hospitalisation and deaths? Isn't that literally the point of the vaccine?

Another about someone who died of covid but also a terminal blood illness AND natural causes all in the same article.

There has never been a clean line or information , it's all about publishing anything and everything so don't be surprised that people start turning to alternatives to buy into a truth that they deem probable.

carried by the wind from the caspian sea.

So who is lying?

To be honest, I think you're making the problem worse by not quoting sources for any of what you've said? Two different opinions don't necessarily mean either side is actually lying, and there is no way of looking into that from your post?

To be honest, I think you're making the problem worse by not quoting sources for any of what you've said? Two different opinions don't necessarily mean either side is actually lying, and there is no way of looking into that from your post?

and even if they are lying, it wouldn’t make much sense to go from that to believing covid is a hoax, the vaccine is mind control or it is spread by 5g or any of that crazy stuff. :)

and even if they are lying, it wouldn’t make much sense to go from that to believing covid is a hoax, the vaccine is mind control or it is spread by 5g or any of that crazy stuff. :)

We are all getting chips!

Largely coz no one wants to do any food shopping

I can't find anything about this 'spanish scientist'

I found this, published in the Mail back in Oct that suggests that it's around 12 years.

Screenshot 2021-02-19 075807.jpg

That's research in Scotland as you can see.... 'around 12 years' isn't that far from 16 years. I don't think it suggests anyone is lying and of course that number could be changing weekly, there's been a considerable number of deaths since October. I wouldn't be surprised if it's more than 12 now.

I can't find anything about this 'spanish scientist'

I found this, published in the Mail back in Oct that suggests that it's around 12 years.

View attachment 240312

That's research in Scotland as you can see.... 'around 12 years' isn't that far from 16 years. I don't think it suggests anyone is lying and of course that number could be changing weekly, there's been a considerable number of deaths since October. I wouldn't be surprised if it's more than 12 now.

Hector Pifarre i Arolas, of the Pompeu Fabra University, Spain, and colleagues, estimated YLL due to Covid-19 using data from nearly 1,280,000 deaths in 81 countries, as well as life expectancy data and projections for total Covid-19 deaths by country.

The study, published in Scientific Reports, estimated that in total 20,507,518 years of life may have been lost due to Covid-19, or 16 years per individual death.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/coronavirus-million-years-life-lost-pandemic-b1804205.html

Back
Top Bottom