What's new

could England be crowned as Euro winners still.

Status
Not open for further replies.

crustyfolker

Veteran
Breaking news has come in that Italy fielded a player that was suspended in the final and semi final. This will mean Italy will be stripped of the Championship and England will be crowned champs. To be fair this should happen. I also think there should be a new ruling, that a foul is a foul but an intentional foul is punished more severley, like the Shirt grab that prevented England from finishing an attack, this was not an accidental foul it was blatant cheating, just like taking performance enhancing drugs is cheating.

Breaking news has come in that Italy fielded a player that was suspended in the final and semi final.

Do you have a link to this breaking news?

I don't think that's the case, nobody got a red card in their semi-final against Spain did they?

... I do agree that the shirt grab should have been one though.

Bugger!... Mrs knome has changed her mind... it's chips instead... :(

Breaking news has come in that Italy fielded a player that was suspended in the final and semi final. This will mean Italy will be stripped of the Championship and England will be crowned champs. To be fair this should happen. I also think there should be a new ruling, that a foul is a foul but an intentional foul is punished more severley, like the Shirt grab that prevented England from finishing an attack, this was not an accidental foul it was blatant cheating, just like taking performance enhancing drugs is cheating.
this sounds rather like remainers asking for a second vote ? or trying to nullify the results of the referendum ... on many and varied grounds

Player's name would help to verify this claim
(after all you would think some football pundits would have
twigged "Hang on - that cunt was carded last game" etc...)

To be fair, the winning goal against Denmark was questionable...
So that should be ruled void & then it would have proceeded to....

PENALTIES !!!

Oooooh - maybe not a good idea perhaps ???
(Don't think England wants to replay the Denmark extra time or risk penalties)

Best just accept it's all over (it is now)

this sounds rather like remainers asking for a second vote ? or trying to nullify the results of the referendum ... on many and varied grounds

It came through on my Mrs's phone. Now in cases like this ie fielding a suspended player, unregistered player the results are overturned as it is an offence. Fifa may not rule the same way as the English F.A, but if it is a broken rule then it will be enforced, it's a European championship not an EU championship so comparing it with brexit won't wash.
I get what you mean but this is about rules not votes or results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom