What's new

Coronavirus in other countries

All evidence shows that Covid death rates are higher among those in lower socioeconomic strata.

Yes. This would be evidence collected within wealthy Western countries, most likely looking at their own populations (unless you can show otherwise). Therefore it seems likely that the death toll would be considerably higher among those who live in extreme poverty, where there is barely clean drinking water, let alone adequate health care.

Last edited:
Death count is really high in my country (Belgium) and I am screening news sites to discover why.
Lockdown is easing up here, small businesses reopening and some children can go back to school a few hours some days.
I still keep all regulations of social distancing intact except sending my 7yo to school as I don’t have a choice, but keep my toddler at home.

Death count is really high in my country (Belgium) and I am screening news sites to discover why.
Lockdown is easing up here, small businesses reopening and some children can go back to school a few hours some days.
I still keep all regulations of social distancing intact except sending my 7yo to school as I don’t have a choice, but keep my toddler at home.
This was what the BBC said about Belgium a couple of weeks ago. It was interesting, but I have no idea how true it is. :D

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-52491210

There is about 11000 infected and about 237 deaths here in Serbia of about 7 million people. Mostly elderly but heard about younger too. Low numbers are mostly due to a extremely tight quarantine we had. On the other hands people are pissed and mentally exhausted after 2 and a half months. Because of that quarantine limitations are being slowly lifted.

Coronavirus: Belgian Prince Joachim tests positive after lockdown party

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-52864072

Spanish police have launched an investigation into the party. Those found to have flouted lockdown rules could be fined up to €10,000 (£9,000; $11,100).

Everyone who attended the party is said to be in quarantine. Prince Joachim, the youngest son of Princess Astrid and 10th in line to the Belgian throne, is said to have mild coronavirus symptoms.

Rafaela Valenzuela, a representative of the Spanish government in Córdoba, condemned the party, calling those who attended "irresponsible".

Here in Spain daily deaths went from around 150/200 to 1 or none; suddenly.

Whos lying? Government puts a total of around 30K deaths, but independent entities calculate around the double!

The fact is that some people is not being able to find their relatives on any registry... this is about to be another scandal :(
And another horrible thing that is happening: there are cases of name switching. Can you imagine if you receive a call form the hospital telling you that your grandpa, cousing, father... is getting better and then you discover hes dead? or viceversa!

Back
Top Bottom