Those of you that have children may be aware of this:

upload_2021-1-19_10-40-33.png

upload_2021-1-19_10-40-56.png

upload_2021-1-19_10-41-12.png

upload_2021-1-19_10-41-24.png

upload_2021-1-19_10-41-41.png

upload_2021-1-19_10-54-10.png

upload_2021-1-19_10-41-52.png

Open doors and windows to keep classroom ventilated.
Many parents dont have a plan B (grandparents, nanny,..), need to go to their jobs and kids cant stay in other place than school or kindergarten.

This is how schools looks like in Spain nowadays. Temps around 6º celsius inside (18º min. per law).
This breaks my heart :(

HEPA filters, ozone, air purifiers, ... nothing we can do?

The few children who still go to school in person are really exposed. Not all people have proper thermic clothes for them.

PS: I heard my 3 years old neighbour crying disconsolately a few minutes ago. Her mom had to ask for permission at work to pick her up from school; her hands and lips were purple and she had peed all over herself. She found her covered with blanquets and shivering next to a small electric stove her teacher found at janitors room. OMFG.

This is a very difficult situation. I wish everyone good health. :(

When I was at Prep School, in a very old building that only had electric Bar Heaters, we had obviously been appalling. As a punishment, the Headmaster had the fuse removed from the Heater, his theory was that a Cold Child would behave better and learn more!
My chum David knew a thing or two about electrics and hit on the idea of creating a fuse. A set of Protractors from a Geometry Set were inserted and we all awaited Heat in a state of excitement.

At this point I should add...... Occasionally, Parents were shown around the school prior to "Dear Tarquin" starting to attend. It just so happened that unbeknownst to us, a Visit was taking place that very day.

So, Headmaster and Parents walk into classroom at the exact moment David flicked on the Heater switch. What greeted them was a loud Bang, a shower of sparks and one small boy pinned to the far wall by a red hot set of protractors. :)

I have no idea whether "Dear Tarquin" ever did arrive? But the next Month (November) was spent with no heating at all and Cold Baths for us all. Imagine that happening today?? Maybe such things explain why I am such a curmudgeon :) :)

Sorry... Back on Topic.

So, Headmaster and Parents walk into classroom at the exact moment David flicked on the Heater switch. What greeted them was a loud Bang, a shower of sparks and one small boy pinned to the far wall by a red hot set of protractors. :)
:rotflmao:
Maths sets were awesome.

I know it’s horrific but I looked at some of the models for COVID infection in ventilated/non-ventilated spaces and the impact of open windows and doors was very obvious. I think most of the models worked on the person at the front being infected though.

I’d love for kids not to have to sit there in coats or with blankets but i doubt schools would have the budget to make changes that are required unfortunately and that doesn’t take into account disruption and lead times to make changes to buildings. I’m surprised it’s happening in Spain though, I would’ve presumed they have air con (which can often blow warm air) which would allow them to have open doors and open windows else where in the building keeping the kids a bit warmer.

teaching and health services are so underfunded given what they provide for society in general. It’s a travesty.

Back
Top Bottom