What's new

CHESTER ZOO will reopen its gates

BigCloud

Veteran
Following huge public pressure, Prime Minister Boris Johnson is to announce on Wednesday, June 15, that all zoos will be allowed to reopen as part of the latest easing of the coronavirus lockdown.

In addition, all safari parks and drive-in cinemas will be allowed to reopen, meaning attractions such as Knowsley Safari Park can reopen, but the Blue Planet Aquarium in Cheshire Oaks will still be forced to keep its doors closed.

Many zoos, including Chester Zoo, had warned the Government they were facing the real prospect of closing for good if they were unable to reopen soon.

Government rules on the coronavirus legislation had changed on June 1 so zoos and aquariums were specifically prevented from being allowed to reopen.

The next time the legislation was due to be reviewed was not until the end of this month, which had meant the animal attractions would not be able to reopen until July 4 at the very earliest.

With every day the zoos remained closed, that put them at further threat of running out of money. Chester Zoo revealed it was losing £1 million a month and faced the prospect of being £24 million in debt at the end of the year.

I'm pleased outdoor attractions are opening up again. I just hope they can be managed properly

They can't be losing a million a month they're probably losing a few tens of thousands.
It's likely they're just not getting the revenue in and to say they'll be 24 million in debt in 12 months again is spinning.

Jeeees i sound like bah humbug but in all honesty i think wild animals should remain wild.

They can't be losing a million a month they're probably losing a few tens of thousands.
It's likely they're just not getting the revenue in and to say they'll be 24 million in debt in 12 months again is spinning.

Jeeees i sound like bah humbug but in all honesty i think wild animals should remain wild.

I understand Zoos do a lot of good work for animals but I also think animals are better off in there own environment, and maybe with some help from humans.

Zoo's are shit, wander around watching animals doing fk all...... time they went if you ask me.

Boris has just announced its legal to shag your burd again as well as the wife......the front bench are mighty relieved:)
Wait what?

Everyone?

On my wife? And girlfriend?

Shit.

Back
Top Bottom