What's new

Anyone else had a letter ?

Badboybez

Veteran
Saturday I had a letter from the NHS.
Opened it straight away as I was expecting some test results, and an operation appointment.

When I read it, it was indeed from the NHS who together with The Dept Of Health & Social Care, The Imperial College London, and The Ipsos MORI survey group.

They are conducting research into how many of the population currently has Covid19.
Names were selected at random from NHS lists of patients, and participation is voluntary.

You will be sent by post the swabs for a home test, and these will be picked up again by courier.

Any other members had the same letter ?

Yes i had one its for a home covid test i did it and they send the results too you mine came back negative.

My eldest daughter had a letter months ago, she's had one test, which was negative, not sure what follow up she's had since.

Yes I had the same letter around May, did the test and received the negative result a couple of days later.

Have just had one of these letters. Will do my bit I guess.

Thought they was offering Amazon vouchers for stuff like this

£50 one off test or £450 for a year of tests & data

was thinking of signing the cat up for it and seeing just how fucking clever Imperial/Oxford truly are

Well, what a wonderful idea.

The letter explained it is being done to measure how many people in the UK currently have Covid19.
"The largest testing research study in England"

So thought I would do my bit, despite not bothering about surveys for most of my life.

Went to the website.
Logged in using the security code provided.
Answered endless questions, age, sex, ethnic background, other householder members, probably my shoe size as well.

Then I got to the question, are you taking anti coagulants, or subject to nosebleeds ?
Yes I answered truthfully, as since coming out of hospital last year having had an operation for Deep Vein Thrombosis I have been on blood thinner tablets.

Computer says NO, cant have a test now, as there are risks associated with people who have an increased risk of bleeding.

Despite the fact that I have to jab a needle into my fingers twice a day to do my blood / sugar level, and that the tablets are on my monthly prescription despite having liver disease for 10 years, and my last scan showing no sign of bleeding.

What a bloody farce ! how can they say they have done a representative study of the number of people infected with Covid if they are dropping people of the test candidates ?

So no testing of people who have nosebleeds.
No testing of people on anti coagulants.

How many other categories do they disallow from taking part ?

When they release their findings will they say ;
It would seem that less than 1% of the population are infected.
However out of our test of 500,000 people we only actually tested 100,000 people so the data does not include.
People who get nosebleeds.
People with Thrombosis.
People with coughs.
Pregnant women.
People whose names contain the letters COV
People whose age is 19.

The sad thing about this is that as the NHS & the Dept of Health and Social Care are involved it will be a waste of hundreds of thousands of pounds of public money to produce a report that is based on flawed data.

Any other survey the NHS or the dept of H&SC ask me to take part in, they can stick it where the sun don't shine.......................

It makes nonsense of the data !!!!!!

The letter explained it is being done to measure how many people in the UK currently have Covid19.

So thought I would do my bit, despite not bothering about surveys for most of my life.

Went to the website.
Answered endless questions, age, sex, ethnic background, other householder members, probably my shoe size as well.

Then I got to the question, are you taking anti coagulants, or subject to nosebleeds ?
Yes I answered truthfully, as since coming out of hospital last year having had an operation for Deep Vein Thrombosis I have been on blood thinner tablets.

Computer says NO, cant have a test now, as there are risks associated with people who have an increased risk of bleeding.

Despite the fact that I have to jab a needle into my fingers twice a day to do my blood / sugar level, and that the tablets are on my monthly prescription despite having liver disease for 10 years, and my last scan showing no sign of bleeding.

What a bloody farce ! how can they say they have done a representative study of the number of people infected with Covid if they are dropping people of the test candidates ?

However out of our test of 500,000 people we only actually tested 100,000 people so the data does not include.
People with Thrombosis.
People with coughs.
Pregnant women.
People whose age is 19.

The sad thing about this is that as the NHS & the Dept of Health and Social Care are involved it will be a waste of hundreds of thousands of pounds of public money to produce a report that is based on flawed data.

Any other survey the NHS or the dept of H&SC ask me to take part in, they can stick it where the sun don't shine.......................

Did it even bother to ask whether u had symptoms of covid?

Did it even bother to ask whether u had symptoms of covid?

Nope.
Although as I was quite ill in February, my breathing has deteriorated over the last year, and I have had bad coughs this year, plus have been on antibiotics 3 times this year as I had a "chest infection" I would love to have one of those test that tells you if you have had Covid previously.

Went to the website.

People with Thrombosis.
People with coughs.
Pregnant women.
People whose age is 19.

how could they do that? the bastards!

Back
Top Bottom