What's new

Antibody test coming

Wow. £99 for something that tells you no useful information, at all. What a brilliant idea.
Not aimed at you @StrawberryRipple , thanks for the link. But, seriously, why are we being encouraged to buy useless products?

Wow. £99 for something that tells you no useful information, at all. What a brilliant idea.
Not aimed at you @StrawberryRipple , thanks for the link. But, seriously, why are we
being encouraged to buy useless products?
No useful information? You don't think it's useful for front-line care staff to know whether they've previously had Covid-19?

I only read the article until it asked me to subscribe, btw. Which I refuse to do. So you may have read something further down that I didn't.

No useful information? You don't think it's useful for front-line care staff to know whether they've previously had Covid-19?
No, because it means nothing. We have no evidence of resistance, never mind immunity. What use is knowing you've had it, if you can still be re-infected?
Another placebo pumped out by an industry with more care for the bottom line than those their tests con. And all ably advertised by our own national broadcasters.

I get they've spent a fortune developing a useless test. That's their, and their shareholders problem. Selling a useless kit, is no solution, for anyone.

No, because it means nothing. We have no evidence of resistance, never mind immunity. What use is knowing you've had it, if you can still be re-infected?
Another placebo pumped out by an industry with more care for the bottom line than those their tests con. And all ably advertised by our own national broadcasters.

I get they've spent a fortune developing a useless test. That's their, and their shareholders problem. Selling a useless kit, is no solution, for anyone.
This may be a novel coronavirus but we do know from experience of other coronaviruses and viruses in general that previous exposure gives at least some degree of temporary immunity. I disagree that it is useless information. I think it's very useful for those working in a care setting. It's also extremely useful when used extensively in determining what percentage of the population has been infected.

The Germans aren't one's to panic-buy... from the article

"Germany has already signed a deal to buy five million tests each month."

There are many instances where the test can provide invaluable information.
Both my wife an i have had something. I say something because weve no way of knowing what it was for sure but my wife would be pretty vulnerable having a reduced lung capacity.
I worry getting it and passing to the wife and worry for thw wife getting it but if we knew we had it or the wife has had it and the symptoms weren't as bad as they could be then it would be a great weight off and give us both a better sense of normality.

There are many instances where the test can provide invaluable information.
Both my wife an i have had something. I say something because weve no way of knowing what it was for sure but my wife would be pretty vulnerable having a reduced lung capacity.
I worry getting it and passing to the wife and worry for thw wife getting it but if we knew we had it or the wife has had it and the symptoms weren't as bad as they could be then it would be a great weight off and give us both a better sense of normality.
£99 for some peace of mind in these uncertain times seems like a good deal to me.

Back
Top Bottom