What's new

A lone infection may have changed the course of the pandemic

Pension's fecked though :D

R-437893-1233943986.jpeg.jpg

To be honest I ain't looking forward to retirement.

The state pension is barely enough to keep a sparrow alive.
My private pension has been decimated over the last few years, and may pay me a fiver a week at best.
Universal credit, you struggle to make a claim once ypu have reached state pension age.
The small amount of cash savings I have, interest rates are pretty much zero so shrinking by inflation.

Personally I would not give a toss if a doctor said I only have three years left to live............

To be honest I ain't looking forward to retirement.

The state pension is barely enough to keep a sparrow alive.
My private pension has been decimated over the last few years, and may pay me a fiver a week at best.
Universal credit, you struggle to make a claim once ypu have reached state pension age.
The small amount of cash savings I have, interest rates are pretty much zero so shrinking by inflation.

Personally I would not give a toss if a doctor said I only have three years left to live............

I know that feeling I shudder at the future my biggest fear is going into the system, I work in it but to end up old and sick scares the shit out of me, the day I cant work is the day I don't want to go on liz says I'm mad and retirement and all that but to me, death is just a key turning in a lock.

I constantly remind younger colleagues about what people see in front of them. I saw an old lady a few weeks ago she had photos of when she was the same age as my colleague the lady was a ballerina in her youth and in her mind she was still there talking like a 25-year-old would do at the time, we judge what we see which is a great shame

I know that feeling I shudder at the future my biggest fear is going into the system, I work in it but to end up old and sick scares the shit out of me, the day I cant work is the day I don't want to go on liz says I'm mad and retirement and all that but to me, death is just a key turning in a lock.

I constantly remind younger colleagues about what people see in front of them. I saw an old lady a few weeks ago she had photos of when she was the same age as my colleague the lady was a ballerina in her youth and in her mind she was still there talking like a 25-year-old would do at the time, we judge what we see which is a great shame

Is it not possible to have a happy, fulfilling retirement?
The sickness and death at the end are a separate issue.

Back
Top Bottom