What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

A little positivity?

But I thought anti-inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen were said to make things worse? My sister and I even looked it up when she had it months back. Said do not take ibuprofen or asperin. Weird I looked it up now and the info I found is no longer available. Instead there are covid 19 alerts saying they don't make it worse.
Totally weird. But I do know I will never take the vaccine for it.....

But I thought anti-inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen were said to make things worse? My sister and I even looked it up when she had it months back. Said do not take ibuprofen or asperin. Weird I looked it up now and the info I found is no longer available. Instead there are covid 19 alerts saying they don't make it worse.

Advice is always going to change as we learn more about the virus and how to treat it. It's not totally weird it's very normal, it how medical science advances.

Two more life-saving Covid drugs discovered:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55574662
As I understand it, any drug ending in 'mab' is an autoimmune drug, probably being used on patients whose immune system has gone haywire and is damaging their organs, I was given Retixamab when having chemo which worked by highlighting a protein in my B type lymphacytes ( in my case cancerous ) so my natural killer cells would be destroyed in the hope my bone marrow would grow new healthy ones. Worked so well my immune system is still not back to normal 3 years later !

Hi Kitty. :)

I suspect there might also be a difference in patient reactions - what might not be a good idea for most people might change if they become acutely unwell and need intensive care?

I think the advice about Ibuprofen was always cautionary.

... and if there was any doubt about it, then telling people to take paracetamol instead if you have covid like symptoms seems sensible to me.

I think the advice about Ibuprofen was always cautionary.

... and if there was any doubt about it, then telling people to take paracetamol instead if you have covid like symptoms seems sensible to me.

this is what the nhs say, it says updated april 2020. i remember looking this up last march when there was a lot of talk about ibuprofen and covid, cause i’d been prescribed it at the time. it said much the same.

“The Commission on Human Medicines has now confirmed that there is no clear evidence that using ibuprofen to treat symptoms such as a high temperature can make coronavirus (COVID-19) worse.

You can take paracetamol or ibuprofen to treat the symptoms of coronavirus. We recommend that you try paracetamol first, it has fewer side effects than ibuprofen and is the safer choice for most people.

Always follow the instructions that come with your medicine.”

https://www.nhs.uk/medicines/ibuprofen-for-adults/

this is what the nhs say, it says updated april 2020. i remember looking this up last march when there was a lot of talk about ibuprofen and covid, cause i’d been prescribed it at the time. it said much the same.

“The Commission on Human Medicines has now confirmed that there is no clear evidence that using ibuprofen to treat symptoms such as a high temperature can make coronavirus (COVID-19) worse.

You can take paracetamol or ibuprofen to treat the symptoms of coronavirus. We recommend that you try paracetamol first, it has fewer side effects than ibuprofen and is the safer choice for most people.

Always follow the instructions that come with your medicine.”

https://www.nhs.uk/medicines/ibuprofen-for-adults/

Spot on, cheers mate..... it's also worth saying (I guess) that this is about treating the "symptoms of coronavirus" at home (like you would if you had a cold) and that's nothing like using anti-inflammatory drugs to treat covid patients in hospitals.

20210108_234022.jpg

Back
Top Bottom