What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

2 weeks and no more rules. get ready for a load of new variants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
But what about people who are worried about blood clots and possible long term heart problems?

then they took their chances and made a decision. on the basis of their logic they would be wise never to leave the house again in case they get run over by a bus. :)

Boris has decided we can all go around contaminating one another. New variants will arise and no doubt the rest of the world will close it's borders to UK travel.
I think the way Boris is looking at it is.
"we we we now have overrrr 60% of the population vaccinated, errrr we have offered everyone both jabs. SSSSo with that in mind , hopefully only those who refuse the vaccine will die, and and those people only have themselves to blame.
Boris then returned to number 10 and started to record a 4 track punk c.d.

1. No Feelings (sex pistols)
2. So what (Anti nowhere league)
3. Kill the poor (Dead Kennedys)
4. I hate people (antiknowhere league)
He very much said they are removing the legal constraints.
They also said they are moving it personal responsibility - ie: putting it in our hands.

just use your noggin - do we have to have rules to do the sensible thing?

Thats the next thing, even the papers are saying things like “freedom day!”
Idiots - they should be stressing the “with caution” approach in the papers.

but then i guess they want the headlines when everyone goes mental and has a party and a new variant pops up.

then they can blame that on the government too, rather than the irresponsibility of the people who have just been advised to “be responsible”

He very much said they are removing the legal constraints.
They also said they are moving it personal responsibility - ie: putting it in our hands.

just use your noggin - do we have to have rules to do the sensible thing?

Thats the next thing, even the papers are saying things like “freedom day!”
Idiots - they should be stressing the “with caution” approach in the papers.

but then i guess they want the headlines when everyone goes mental and has a party and a new variant pops up.

then they can blame that on the government too, rather than the irresponsibility of the people who have just been advised to “be responsible”

that just defies common sense, though. obviously if we’ve needed legal restrictions for the past year and a half, and the government is now announcing that the legal restrictions will be lifted, the message is that they are no longer required.

there has been no other event or change in circumstances that would suggest we did need legal restrictions to keep us safe, but now are able to exercise responsibility to keep ourselves safe without any legal restrictions.

this isn’t to say i do or don’t think restrictions should remain, just to point out that the government continue to send confusing and contradictory messages. :)

E5j7u9fXMAwmIz1.jpg

Herd immunity time, the governments end game, until new variants pop up?

that just defies common sense, though. obviously if we’ve needed legal restrictions for the past year and a half, and the government is now announcing that the legal restrictions will be lifted, the message is that they are no longer required.

there has been no other event or change in circumstances that would suggest we did need legal restrictions to keep us safe, but now are able to exercise responsibility to keep ourselves safe without any legal restrictions.

this isn’t to say i do or don’t think restrictions should remain, just to point out that the government continue to send confusing and contradictory messages. :)
Seems to me they are trying to strike a balance - one that is never going ro have a good ending either way, just because of what the virus is.

keep the restrictions and risk economic meltdown, deaths and health issue from non covid illness and possible civil unrest and the loss of employment and businesses in many sectors, not to mention the psychological effect of prolonged lockdown on the gen pop.

or remove them , accept the upbeat in infections, new possibly more deadly variants, possible civil unrest from the people who think it should stay - more health issues non covid related because the hospitals are full etc

they have no good options i can see - and either way there are gonna be unhappy ppl.

To put it another way

i can see this happening :

“They ended lockdown - so i went to an allnight rave and dropped a ton of paaadar, and shagged some bird from the local laundrette, but then i got covid and ended up in hospital for three months. This is the governments fault for allowing me to go to an illegal rave so and i would like to sue please”

“i see sir, and is one aware one is a fuckwit?”

To put it another way

i can see this happening :

“They ended lockdown - so i went to an allnight rave and dropped a ton of paaadar, and shagged some bird from the local laundrette, but then i got covid and ended up in hospital for three months. This is the governments fault for allowing me to go to an illegal rave so and i would like to sue please”

“i see sir, and is one aware one is a fuckwit?”
One for the ladies, and the more thoughtful politically correct amongst us.

Seems to me they are trying to strike a balance - one that is never going ro have a good ending either way, just because of what the virus is.

keep the restrictions and risk economic meltdown, deaths and health issue from non covid illness and possible civil unrest and the loss of employment and businesses in many sectors, not to mention the psychological effect of prolonged lockdown on the gen pop.

or remove them , accept the upbeat in infections, new possibly more deadly variants, possible civil unrest from the people who think it should stay - more health issues non covid related because the hospitals are full etc

they have no good options i can see - and either way there are gonna be unhappy ppl.

i get that it is a hard balance for them to try and achieve, it just seems to me that to go from what seems to be one extreme, to another, with no phased period, seems a bit daft. :)

Poor Old Common Sense :( I gather it too must have died a death?

I have purposely stayed away from these topics as I didn't feel comfortable joining until now. Not grown up enough I suspect. :)
@ZT has hit the nail squarely on the bonce.. yet again :2thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom