What's new

150 thousand

vapesmarter

Mod Maker
its been a long time since I posted in this section

but with the news of 150 thousand dead today.....

that amount of people is jaw-dropping when I worked in the health service you blocked out death it was part of being a nurse otherwise it would just break you it was part of life people got sick had accidents got old and passed away but with covid, it was a horrific waste of life. loads of nurses smoke drink or do other things just to work a 12-hour shift it was part of the job there were miracles stats so low they should be dead but those miracles are far away in the new covid world.

now, I drop off people's shopping its a long way away from the front line, a chap I deliver to for a few months now. wasn't there the other day he was going to retire next year he was looking forward to it to play golf and make stuff. the shopping was party food which I thought was odd you get to know people's eating habits but his daughter answered the door, the chap (her dad) got covid over Xmas and died on new years eve the food was for after the funeral for the family...

he had all 3 jabs no underlying heath things, always wore a mask

I see people who haven't been out in 2 years the only person they get to speak to is me and a few others per month scared to death of leaving their homes

I hope this will end but 150 thousand deaths are just such a waste

It's absolutely tragic and depressing to think about. However, I think I have just become hardened to it all now. It's not that I don't care but is probably my way of dealing with it.

very sad times.
to put it into prospective, if youve ever been to wembley stadium that has 90,000 seats.
if this continues in a few months we could be upto 2 full stadiums of lives lost.

146,390 new cases in last 24 hours :(

If this turns out to be true then i fear the worse
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/08/cyp...-variant-that-combines-omicron-and-delta.html
upload_2022-1-8_22-54-3.png

I see people who haven't been out in 2 years the only person they get to speak to is me and a few others per month scared to death of leaving their homes

Which in itself is a tragedy of epic proportions, human beings are generally, very social creatures.

Whole thing is totally fucked, the question is, for how much longer? You have a covid 19 pandemic, followed by what? A pandemic of destitution - illness wont kill you, but lack of money will :hmm:

Thinking about this a bit more, my focus is on keeping the people I care about safe. What more can you do? Also I am always careful about anyone I come into contact with.

150000 within 28 days of a positive test FOR ANY REASON.

You're welcome

Back
Top Bottom