What's new

1325 new virus deaths, how did this happen?

The fatality figures have always been upsetting but the latest figures of 1,325 have truly shocked me, especially as they are rising.

I am more shocked that they are so much higher than the first wave when you consider these factors:

Better understanding and treatment of ICU patients reduced the mortality rate.
More prepared and we know what to expect this time around.
The majority of folks 'seem' to wear facemasks and precautions.
1.5 million people have been vaccinated.
Lower figures reported if they don't die within 28 days.

There's obviously more than one reason the figures have shot up but I'm more pissed off with the government this time round with mostly late decisions being too and mixed messages, they saw it climbing which means it was already too late, yet they still faffed around and talked about opening schools.

The virus mutating to be more infectious was predicted during the first wave but it appears we had no contingency plan for it when it cropped up.

I can't even begin to understand the stress that NHS workers are going through, the lower mortality rate is a blessing but means the NHS have even more on their plate and harder times to come - poor sods! Then there's all those families loosing loved ones, it has to feel harder this time around when I reckon so many could and should have been avoided.

Is this wave more fucked up or am I missing something?
(more than happy to be corrected!)

We know more than back then... But they change recommended treatment...
First they gave nsaids / fever reducer then stopped and said makes things worse. But now they are giving nsaids and fever reducers again
And as far as masks... People are more likely to become severely I'll because they no longer expose themselves to everyday bugs and bacteria, to build the immune system.

Jesus 1300 hundred

Stress more like scared shitless a third of our staff gone overnight bang due to shielding we can’t get the tests out fast enough I’ve booked a/l till Wednesday as I need a break I did go into another hospital yesterday that I don’t work in to have a chest x-ray because all imaging has been shut down, fuck me seeing the ambulances sitting outside ticking over. a and e looked like a war zone the first muppet that say it’s the old the figures are wrong I’m dragging you with me on Wednesday night you can see for yourself

Boris needs to lock this right down even tighter no more piss arseing about

sadly not many took notice and as this is the 14th day since christmas day theres your catalyst caused by the majority ignoring lockdown and still going to family on christmas day and with a much more dangerous strain things can only get worse.

There is a new strain as well.
It's hit Georgia already but they won't say where in Georgia because they don't want everyone freaking out I think.
All they say is a new strain hit an 18 year old boy here :(

There is a new strain as well.
It's hit Georgia already but they won't say where in Georgia because they don't want everyone freaking out I think.
All they say is a new strain hit an 18 year old boy here :(
Oh, yer from georgia, that explains the anti-vaxx (just teasing, sort of). Its actually been reported a few places now, including here in philly.

The higher deaths r from the higher number of infections obviously. The good news is that only the infections r rising exponentially while deaths are not. The rate of deaths to infections is what indicates better treatment.

sadly not many took notice and as this is the 14th day since christmas day theres your catalyst caused by the majority ignoring lockdown and still going to family on christmas day and with a much more dangerous strain things can only get worse.
Exactly what I thought mate.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

A Woman neighbour of mine has lost 3 members of her family to Covid, i would normally feel sorry for someone who has lost so much. My problem is that each and everyone of her family has flouted the rules, they held Xmas and New Years parties allowing anyone to go to them and even after back in April losing her son she still continues to break the rules losing 2 more family members. I might be hard hearted but aren't they asking for trouble flouting the rules and breaking the law. My sister thinks it's awful i don't care about them because i have known them since i was a child, they have created the situation they are in so why should i feel sorry for them. It's sad that they have lost so much i agree but i also see that it could of more than likely been avoided.

Back
Top Bottom