What's new

‘You are not a horse’: FDA tells Americans stop taking dewormer for Covid

Crewella

Olympian
Agency issues message after misinformation about ivermectin, a medicine used to deworm livestock, spreads on social media

Ahead of full US authorisation of the Pfizer coronavirus vaccine, the federal Food and Drug Administration (FDA) had a simple message for Americans contemplating using ivermectin, a medicine used to deworm livestock, instead of getting a Covid shot.

“You are not a horse,” it said. “You are not a cow. Seriously, y’all. Stop it.”

:D

Rest here:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/aug/23/fda-horse-message-ivermectin-covid-coronavirus

Well hold up a sec ... I don't and won't take it, but there are legitimate human applications for which ivermectin is prescribed in human grade, safely.

So, livestock do use it, but they also use steroids and antibiotics. There have been people taking farm grade non-medical doctor prescribed ivermectin - which is nay smart. Much like buying super cheap vape eliquid. But throwing a whole body of science out the window because a few people suck down bath salts is not helpful.

The story is deeper than much news media presents - one point being that there are well accepted studies showing that the drug successfully inhibits SARS. While not huge randomized studies, it's important to say: neither were the vaccines.

So if people want to take that risk based on real science, maybe they should be allowed to do so. And if they take animal grade anything, maybe they should be appropriately placed on farmlands to graze :) Problem is: no doctor will prescribe it as an emergency measure.

I've been experimenting with Guinness as an immune response stimulant and can report that it makes me temporarily happy.

AD

Last edited:
Well hold up a sec ... I don't and won't take it, but there are legitimate human applications for which ivermectin is prescribed in human grade, safely.

The article covers that it can be prescribed for other conditions - it doesn’t ignore that. But it’s a nice clear message that it’s not an approved prevention or treatment for Covid 19, delivered in a nice Southern drawl (in my head at least) :)

Agency issues message after misinformation about ivermectin, a medicine used to deworm livestock, spreads on social media

Ahead of full US authorisation of the Pfizer coronavirus vaccine, the federal Food and Drug Administration (FDA) had a simple message for Americans contemplating using ivermectin, a medicine used to deworm livestock, instead of getting a Covid shot.

“You are not a horse,” it said. “You are not a cow. Seriously, y’all. Stop it.”

:D

Rest here:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/aug/23/fda-horse-message-ivermectin-covid-coronavirus
ONLY
In AMERICA

The MHRA should be right behind the public message soon. There are fairly decent sized illegal importations of the stuff to the UK from India and the US. Also unscheduled azithromycin, which is extra, extra do not take. Liver damage? Yes please. I've pulled the details from the link soas not to promote the use of anything. Also, I read somewhere that Ireland is robbing their sheep of much needed pharma.

http://www.uk******.org/community/forums/topic/where-can-you-buy-hcq-or-ivermectin-in-the-uk/

ONLY
In AMERICA

Back
Top Bottom