POTV - Your vaping community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Why not sign up today!

Register

What did you gain from lockdown(s)?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by SirLugg, Nov 15, 2021.

1. JamesClorer34

JamesClorer34 Member

I started getting more rest, which is exactly what I missed before when I was working a lot and might not even have a day off. I was also recently able to rent a nice villa here where I spent a great weekend. Although I have plans to find a remote job, as it has some advantages, like being able to work from anywhere. It's very convenient, isn't it?

#21 JamesClorer34, Dec 11, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. The Electronic Cigarette Company
  3. SirLugg

SirLugg Legend

I wouldn’t rush into working remotely. I do, and it’s had more of an effect on my mental health than any other aspect of lockdowns. It’s a very lonely, thankless existence.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Banjostring

Banjostring Moderator Staff Member

I guess it depends on the job you do. I work as a teacher, 90% of my lessons are online on various video platforms (Skype, zoom, teams, Google meet etc.) and I still get the same social interaction that I would if they were all face to face. I love the convenience of being able to work at home too. After 40 years of factories and building sites, I find it to be a refreshing change.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Vape Green
  6. stuartd

stuartd Achiever

Not depending on so called friends. they just want to help themselves more than trying to help anyone else

• Like Like x 2
  7. zouzounaki

zouzounaki Olympian

for me and many of the folk i work with it’s more the problem of no separation between work and non work. work just invades your private life and switching off is infinitely more difficult. it’s in your house. it used to be as easy as half an hour on a bus or twenty minutes on a subway train, but now we live in it. private life is invaded.

• Like Like x 2
  8. richierich

richierich Achiever

During the first lockdown and shortly after, I gained the following, as well as becoming a social hermit:

• Dad bod
    • Stress of working from home with a 3 year old constantly wanting attention (shes now 4)
    • Dependence on snacks (which lead to point 1)
    • Shite zoom quizzes with mates
    • A car that did 3 weeks to the gallon
    • Debt while being furloughed
    • Anxiety
    • More stress

#26 richierich, Dec 12, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  9. Banjostring

Banjostring Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, I get this. We have a few teachers on board who live in relatively small homes(not suggesting that you do ). We are planning to go fully online in Q2 next year and some of them are panicking a little bit and asking if the school will provide them with a workspace, even if their students have online lessons. I can see this being a problem for some. Fortunately I use a part of the house for work that I don't usually go to. It doesn't bother me that I live in the same building that I work in. I just go for a stroll in the forest with the dog or take a bike ride if I feel like a change of scenery. It's nice to have my creature comforts within easy reach during my work day .

• Like Like x 1
  10. zouzounaki

zouzounaki Olympian

aye, there are definitely advantages too. for me whether they outweigh the disadvantages probably depends what day you ask me.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Huggett

Huggett Legend

My partner. Lol, an old friendship that lost touch, became deeper than friendship.

Lost my job, found a new one.

Seem to be happier, lost weight. Got outdoors more like I used to.

Learned to live with covid now.

• Like Like x 4
  12. jabajava

jabajava Member

I learned a lot from this self-isolation. Most importantly, self-isolation has taught me to be balanced. Because before, I could get hung up on something and get wound up. And now I have become very stress-resistant. Nothing can throw me off balance anymore. And most importantly. I went to renovate my flat. With the money I had, I wanted to buy myself a car. But I felt that I didn't need one. So I bought myself a high-tech flat with a cool project like . With LED lighting, which I really wanted. I just love my flat. I'm in it 24/7. And I have the panoramic windows that I wanted. All in all, I am happy with this self-isolation.

#30 jabajava, Dec 13, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2022
    • Like Like x 2