POTV - Your vaping community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Why not sign up today!

Register

POTV Gardeners.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Rob, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Rob

Rob Administrator Staff Member

Here's where we can discuss all things gardening and show each other what we have and what we want to do. :)

• Like Like x 6
  2. Woma

Woma Postman

I’m a kind of gardener, I love the idea of it, but have little time to do what I want. So, I tend to have easy to keep plants, as little exposed soil to keep weeds down.

I do enjoy mowing grass, I’m quite obsessive about the lawns.

This is the back lawn, I now have another patio area, to the right where the pond was, for a summer house which I haven’t had time to buy yet.

I tend to keep plants in pots and use a lot of climbers.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
    • Thank Thank x 1
  3. Rob

Oh That's lovely @Woma :) Reminds me a bit of the Back Garden we had when we lived in Norfolk. We too, looked out at open fields and it was a heavenly place, cursed by a really deep Clay Barrier which was about 9 inches below the grass.

4. Tazz

Tazz Veteran

My first job out of school was working as a labourer for a landscape gardener. I liked that job, did houses, shopping centres, was good. My misses is a mad gardener, loves her flowers and stuff, but can be hard to grow them at times where we live due to climate extremes. Scorching hot Sumners, up to 45c, gonna be 42c this weekend, and frosty winters. I love growing chili's though, who would gave guessed huh!? Got a couple OK plants coming on at the moment. I dry them then crush them into chili powder, usually always get a years worth.
    Post some pics in a day or two. Visiting tells (tells :18: rello's) in the big smoke tomorrow. Errgghh, the city :sleepy:

#4 Tazz, Jan 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Rob

This was the front garden. Photo was taken by standing on the Raised Bed that wrapped along the front and down one side.

[​IMG]

This one "sort of" shows that we were surrounded by open country side.....

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  6. Rob

The current house could not be more different!! Believe me!! :) TINY in comparison to this sprawling pile. :)

7. Woma

Woma Postman

That’s lovely, similar to me as the house sits within the farm land. The only downside is the amount of rape, barley, wheat I get growing in the garden.

Not sure if I’ve got a pic of the front, it’s just grass and trees, but it’s pretty.

• Thank Thank x 1
  8. Rob

Rape!!!! Oh my, Poor Old Carol used to stream when it was flowering. Then when the Combines came in to harvest it the DUST was unbelievable.
    Beautiful spot for all of that, but couldn't afford to live there nowadays :( 3 mile round trip to get a pint of milk. Oil Fired Central Heating and no Mains Drainage, so Cesspools and soak aways were the name of the game. :2thumbsup:

9. Miss Pepper

Miss Pepper Super Moderator Staff Member

I am so pleased you have put this thread up @Rob !

I so miss my garden and had big plans for it, however times have moved on and I have no garden now but Embra is doing indoor gardening with micro greens and some veg. If anyone else has done this, or is doing this, I would love to hear how you got/get on :)

Following the thread :D

• Thank Thank x 1
  10. Jon The Vape

Jon The Vape Achiever

Decided to do something with a worn out asphalt back yard last year. So decided to make it look a bit greener.
    IMG_20170620_161210.jpg IMG_20170702_202757.jpg IMG_20170702_202907.jpg

• Like Like x 8