POTV - Your vaping community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Why not sign up today!

Register

Curious - What is the obsession with Brexit

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Jimmydids, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Jimmydids

Jimmydids Achiever

Can’t everyone just STFU and let the government get on with it? How much is anyone going to really notice the difference? Who is worried, the rich I think. The rest of us will carry on whatever happens. There’s bigger things to worry about if there’s any concern for future generations, and from what I can see the arguments now are about short term greed from those who may or may not lose out, who the fuck knows what will happen, it won’t be the end of the world. I shouldn’t watch Question Time, Faiza Shaheen embarrassed herself last time she was on, Theo is worried about himself, who is the tit without a tie on?The people don’t know, same old shit questions from MSM watchers who believe what they are spoon fed. Gets on my tits.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Simon G

Simon G Legend

If they got on with it people would shut up .... how many more years do they need?

• Like Like x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
  3. Ment

Ment Legend

We're living in an age of overreaction, where simply using a swear word in a descriptive rather than abusive sense can lead to accusations of assault. It's not surprising that something as big as this is going to get people panicking.

The old have a rose tinted memory of life before the EU and imagine we are bigger and better than Europe and don't want to make any concessions, while the young think we are insignificant and can't survive without it.

Many who jet off on short trips to European cities are going to find things awkward and anybody who has business dealings with Europe is going to be worried about their living.

The majority won't notice any difference, but in a world of fake news, anything that will get people hysterical will be seized upon by the media and blown out of proportion.

• Like Like x 3
  4. skinku

skinku Achiever

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  5. nezza

nezza Postman

Brexit I tell you one thing its been going on way too long and they knew this from the start and still made it a vote in or out system. The people voted it out which in the long run meant fuck all because months later its still being discussed and finalised its bullshit and they knew this from the start. Why get people to vote either way if this is the result.

• Like Like x 1
  6. nordelen

nordelen Achiever

I don't know, but the power's that be should choose, then suffer the fall-out.

7. zouzounaki

zouzounaki Legend

I think some people are getting obsessed about it because it’s quite a big deal @Jimmydids . I’m not sure what’s meant by it taking too long, they had to give notice of leaving. The notice is up next March and then in theory we are out, no? Just like giving your boss four weeks notice when you resign, or your landlord having to give you notice of wanting to kick you out the house.

• Like Like x 1
  8. zouzounaki

zouzounaki Legend

It’s rarely the powers that be that suffer the fall out, unfortunately.

• Like Like x 6
  9. speedfreek67

speedfreek67 Achiever

One of the problems we have is that only a relatively small majority of the public voted to leave (52% vs 48%), whereas a much larger majority of the powers that be want to remain.

And the powers that be are a bunch of inept and corrupt shites, which is pretty much always the case, everywhere.

• Like Like x 8
  10. bellyman

bellyman Moderator Staff Member

It affects my life, income and where I live.
    No big deal.

• Like Like x 5
    • LOL LOL x 2