POTV - Your vaping community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Why not sign up today!

Register

Wind Energy

Discussion in 'The Dark Side of the Moon' started by Badboybez, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Mutley1

Mutley1 Achiever

im all for wind farms, we cant keep burning fossil fuels, where i live we have rampion wind farm right on our door step & they planning to make it bigger, when they started buiding it locals where in up roar saying things like it would ruin the views, personaly it dont & you can hardly see them on a good day, plus its also helping the wild life ie the whole area is no fishing area & we know get to see plenty of wildlife this summer, dolpins seals & its a schooling area for small fish.

2. zouzounaki

zouzounaki Legend

I’m pretty certain that isn’t the case either.

3. pdg

pdg Postman

If I can be bothered I'll try to find the figures sometime, but to be honest it makes as much difference as a fart in a hurricane what the truth is.

Some people will always say it's incorrect and that whatever is nailed to the ground now is the best option ever because green.

Some people will always try to use it as a reason to not look at renewable sources.

A very few people will see it for what it is - a proof of concept stage that needs to happen before the actual benefits can be realised.

It's much like electric cars - something like a Prius is worse than something like an f150 if absolutely everything is accounted for. But without the revenue from the current range of gopping piles of electric crap there wouldn't be more development...

• Like Like x 1
  4. 3dj

3dj Veteran

My wife is wind powered, but no fucking way would I like to charge my mod on it.

• LOL LOL x 1
  5. John R

John R Achiever

Wind power... green... don't make me laugh. Best not keek behind the curtain and see the devastation and acid lakes the chinese have created, mining the rare earth minerals to make the turbine magnets...

Mind, the very latest generation are moving away from neodymium but this still leaves the environmental devastation to clean up in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  6. zouzounaki

zouzounaki Legend

That’s not a necessary consequence of mining them tough, but rather a consequence of China’s lack of regulation and generally giving a fuck about anything but money. The same way they were burning tons and tons of plastic in incinerators that the rest of the world were shipping to them to be recycled.

7. pdg

pdg Postman

Shush, that doesn't count because it's not burning coal in a national park ;)

In much the same way as lithium extraction and electricity generation doesn't happen in city centres, so electric cars are much greener.

• Like Like x 1
  8. John R

John R Achiever

Don't be forgetting the CFC's, LOL