What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

www.liberty-flights.co.uk

Bryan123456

Achiever
Liberty Flights

www.liberty-flights.co.uk

liberty1.jpg
I will confess at start that I am a fan of Liberty-Flights and a fairly regular shopper.

It offers several benefits:

1) One of the biggest ranges of products available
2) Keen (often the best) prices
3) Customer service that is second to none

Navigation

Navigation is split into horizontal and vertical bars:

Top Horizontal navigation bar

Home, Shop, My Basket, My Account, Forum, Blog, Calculator, Support

All pretty clear and logical

Left hand side vertical navigation bar

My basket – a brief overview of current status

Special Offers
Starter Kits
Advanced Kits
Original E Liquid
XO E Liquid
Decadent Vapours E Liquid
Pink Spot Vapours E Liquid
Guest E Liquid
DIY E Liquid
E Cig City Mods
Mods, Adaptors Drip Tips
Cartomizers
Atomizers
Low Resistance Atomizers
Cones
Batteries
Pass throughs
PCC’s
Cartridges
Chargers
Cases
Affiliate Scheme

Shop Sub Sections

Within the sections subs sections open up – and these too are logical – DIY eliquid, for example contains sections for FA, PA and DV concentrates, bases, bottles and other mixing paraphernalia. These appear as page images and as text links in the now opened up’ left hand menu bar. Nice and logical and accessible.

It would be possible to be pernickety and wonder why drip tips are racilly clustered with Mods, or why cartridges aren’t under atomizers and why LR atomizers have their very own section. But - It’s overall very good and not worthy of such annoying nit-picking.

Navigation Issues

Navigation is clean, logical and straightforward and unlike some sites ALWAYS available from the page you’re on – a big thumbs up plus..

Products

Click through on a shop section and you’ll find products, product details and product images. Product descriptions vary from fair to good, with LF providing some product usage advice and warning where appropriate.

Some of the images under the ‘click view’ heading and miniscule thumb nail could be better quality and bigger. But to be fair to LF, where this matters (e.g the highly imaged Ego K and Ego Q batteries) they do a good job.

The product range is one of the biggest and if the site wasn’t so well presented and logical that would be an issue – hats off to LF for its calm logical presentation.

Shopping

Maybe the best shopping design of any vaping site, particularly if you have an account.

· You can add things to your basket over time without having to place an order at the end of a visit – handy if you just want to add 1 bottle of flavour concentrate or an adaptor.

· You can see your order history and look at previous orders in detail. Did I order that almond flavour? Yes it came with my June 22nd order.

· You can add discount codes such as LF discount and get 10% off – it’s always worth a look at the discount codes on Planet of the vapes.

· You can manage an affiliate scheme

· You have postal options presented to you – trading of speed against cost.

· You can track your order – and will be notified of initial status via email

· You can read reviews. Liberty Flights is confident enough to ask customers to write negative reviews and even publishes some of these. It’s a great help – particularly with some of those love it /hate it Marmite type products. I really value these and read them, particularly for e liquid flavour concentrates.

· You can review your purchases too.

NEGATIVES.

Searching

The search facility could do with segmenting. If I am shopping for a product it will return a huge range of materials – from blogs, its forum and seemingly - everywhere.

It would be good to be able to filter

· ‘All’
· ‘Shop only’,
· ‘Forum only’ etc…

It can be really difficult to find some specifics – I had to resort to contacting their (superb) customer service to establish if they had a product in their shop with specific attributes. Yes they did – if I remember correctly the search engine gave me 7 pages of links to trawl through. Not handy. But LF listens to its customers, so hopefully it will implement some changes to make this easier.

White on White

Try writing a review and you might get flummoxed. The review box is white on white with a white border on a white page background IE invisible. Unless you were posting before this silly design oversight happened, and know where to click, you might get nowhere.

OVERALL

Over all the site is clean, cool, corporate and highly accessible. It doesn’t scream at you or use weird and wonderful sales techniques. Special Offers, particularly Clearance ones can be sensationally good – it’s worth a regular check on all 3 special offer sections.

There’s great consistency and logic to this site and stability that must be paying off handsomely in SEO.

Another good site and a great place to shop – with confidence. If I had to equate it to a grocery retailer, I’d probably choose Waitrose as the example – top quality customer service and you never get ripped off for what you buy from them.

This is a personal review. I have received no payment or goods in lieu from any party to make this review. The opinions therein are my own and not those of www.planetofthevapes.co.uk who may or may not agree/disagree with any or all of my statements.

Last edited:
I've always been an LF fan but the new site is much better than the old one. They're still always out of stock 'though :D

Now that they have changed their website, I might actually buy from them. The old set up was annoying and I couldn't see it.

Love Liberty Flights; good selection, good prices, good service. Get annoyed that they keep stock levels "light" on some items, meaning you have to get in there quick when stock does come in.

Brian123456 forgot to mention that if you write reviews of your purchases you get 17p credited to your account for each review you write. It doesn't sound like a lot but it soon adds up :D

Quite right on the 17p, sorry about the omission. It;s worth mentioning that you can review a product every time you buy it. As my kids are devouring y mixes and I am buying huge amounts of chocolate double dark and doppio espresso concentrates I am running out of things to say for my 17ps on those.

Back
Top Bottom