What's new

Requesting Website Review

Great stuff there. As for the mobile side of things I'll have to see what my options are on that. As I've said, WP isn't my strong point so I'll be looking for plugins to go with it. Hopefully I can get that sorted.
I'll begin on an overhaul on the website and double check the fonts etc.

Thanks for the heads up on the Liquid, Bryan, I'll be sure to state the details on that.

Thanks to everyone for your input here. it's easy to overlook simple things when you're working on a lot of stuff all at once. Your reviews have been really helpful :)

Wordpress, why? it sucks, It looks different from your homepage stuff (apart from the bad colours).
Once in the shop pressing home does not take you home, just to the shop.
White on black? soo 90's and some people have a problem reading the text with that combination. White on black on your home pages, black on white when you get into wordpress.
Your banner is different on your normal website to the one in the shop.
Some of the pictures are really blurry.
Once in the shop, you can't find an address for you, contact page is different in the shop, from your normal home page you can find an address.
Did I mention wordpress is shit? It's for blogs not "proper" websites.
Sorry to sound harsh but that's how I see it.
Websites should look seamless as you move to different sections. You should be able to get back to the home page wherever you are on the site.
Contact details should be the same from wherever you click on 'contact us'.
You've put your email address on the contact page in text, big no no, once those email farming bots get round to you expect tons of spam.
Your title tags are the most important for search engines and you have no search words in them, assuming you want to be found on the search engines.
Once again I sound harsh but that is my honest opinion.
I was a web designer in a previous life and I'm just pointing out the basics.

Last edited:
I agree, Wordpress IS shit. I have stated in previous posts on this thread but unfortunately it's the best thing I have to work with when it comes to the online shop side of things.
The contact info on the shop page I will add, thanks for that.
We're primarily a face-to-face store as I've said so the online side of things is our 2nd priority (However we don't regard our online customers a 2nd priority just to be clear, I mean the design aspect) Unfortunately I've failed to find an E-commerce package that will work/intergrate well with our current site, so as I say, wordpress (especially it's plugins) offer a great fall back and since we are a face-to-face store we're not paying out for online packages, we'd probably be losing money in the internet side of things. Unfortunately I have to work all of this on a budget, that goes for web hosting, advertising etc. I'm doing my best with what I have at the moment, being the only staff member who even knows how to use the internet (With a company that is brand new so we don't have the resources to expand, keep stock up AND pay for professional services such as E-commerce packages) we just make do.
Believe me, if I could help it then it would all be perfect.
Don't think that I'm shooting you down for pointing it out, because I appreciate what you're saying and actually agree. Those are points I'll be working on and with a better budget once we're fully set up I'll be implementing them. (And when it comes to the change of white/black - black/white themes, the thanks goes to wordpress not having compatible themes with the plugin :/ ).

Back
Top Bottom