What's new

warning! ecigwarehouseUK

nikki from mars

Achiever
Disclaimer: the opinion represented here is solely my own and is not endorsed or approved by this forum or website or other users thereof.

Having purchased a number of items from ecigwarehouseUK I have to report here as a warning to my fellow vapers about what has been an extremely negative experience for me as a new vaper. I have been through the formal procedures as required before posting on this forum and can state that the matter has been resolved through my payment provider (paypal).

First alarm bells were set ringing, when the paypal payment to the vendor were to an oddly Chinese name rather than the company name, as would usually be expected.

I sat back and waited for my rather expensive order to be sent out... And waited some more, payment had already been taken by the vendor, before the dispatch of my order, this is also slight illegal. Payment sshould only be taken normally at poi.t of dispatch. However this is quite common with paypal transactions, and other such methods of payment where funds can be held in escrow in theory.

Two weeks in (when stated goods should be received in less than this), I contacted the seller. I received no reply. I contacted them again a few days later and likewise no response. At around the 3 week mark I contacted them again ready to put in a complaint, still no response but miraculously the order arrived by signed for delivery the next day. (not sure if royal mail or private courier).

Opened my parcel feeling quite excited, only to find that of the 2 ego batteries (described as genuine joyetech ego batteries) and 5 ce5 clearomisers, none were actually genuine as specifically stated on their website. I had also ordered a case and a mains to USB charger. Oddly enough these were also unbranded, but no such specific claims had been made for them, and therefore that was expected.

On looking at the ce5's it became immediately apparent that 2 of the items were faulty and could not be used. One of them had no wicking and one had no fitting for the mouthpiece. The other 3 had differing wick formations and missing branding.

Somewhat apprehensive I filled up 1 of the other clearos and attached it to my new battery number 1. The threads on the battery are slightly off, but it works ok if you are careful. Chalked it up to experience in that at least the battery and other clearos do actually work, if a little bit poorly constructed. I still have them now and will continue to use as back ups for at home until they too die.

Next problem, and this is the biggie! Took the second new battery out of the pack and screwed in my clearo, would not have normally even tested it as the battery was meant as a spare. The battery was faulty immediately from the off, and in fact dangerously so. The wiring in side must have been crossed, causing a short to the battery. As soon as it was turned on the button and case of the battery heated up and burnt my hand. Not impressed at all. Having done so howeer when the battery was first turned on the battery continued to produce heat as the wires causing the short had fused together. Had to grab a pair of pliers to pull the casing open and disconnect the wires in order to make safe and prevent a fire hazard. Dread to think what may have happened if the loose wire that caused the short hadn't been immediately apparent.

Needless to say I was very unimpressed and immediately contacted the vendor. Again unsurprisingly there was no response. I contacted them a few times over the next few days but they were remarkably silent, even when I told them of my intention to start a paypal dispute if no resolution could be found. This is therefore what I did.

Having opened a dispute via PayPal there was still no contact from the seller and nothing further was geard from them throughout. However on entering their site to look at my accoubt they had marked the order as refunded. Which would have been impossible except via paypal as they had no other way that they could have refunded the order as they had not made any communication with myself.

Duly noted I added this to my paypal disput comments and asked to escalate to a dispute. Only when at the final day before they had to reply to paypal to resolve the dispute did they do anything, which was to offer a partial refund which covered only the faulty parts but not the misselling. I was so fed up by then and still no communication from them that I accepted the refund as it did cover the non working items. Yet due to the dangerous nature of one of the faults feel they should have been apologising and should have actually gone further in their offer due to the harm caused by their product.

Needless to say I will never use this company again. They have actee in an illegal and fraudulent mmanner as outlined in my post and were very poor in their whole handling of this matter.

Thanks for taking the time to start this thread. As a newbie its great to get feedback, good or bad, from vendors.

That why potv has the vendors section and are all reputable, stick with these and you can avoid shit like this ;)

If they are claiming to sell genuine items and they turn out to be cheap knock offs that don't work or are faulty then shouldn't trading standards be made aware?

If they are claiming to sell genuine items and they turn out to be cheap knock offs that don't work or are faulty then shouldn't trading standards be made aware?

I have a feeling that they are being drop shipped from China. But yes, it should be reported to trading standards and to www.eccauk.org

I can confirm that I ordered 2 x OBS Engines on 3rd Feb 2017, and I received them on 15th Feb 2017. These came directly from China and I am surprised I got them to be honest.
In between those dates I read so many bad reviews that I thought I'd been ripped off and bought from a real shop in the UK that I could call and confirm that they had them in stock.
So now I've got 4 OBS Engines!!!!

I can confirm that I ordered 2 x OBS Engines on 3rd Feb 2017, and I received them on 15th Feb 2017. These came directly from China and I am surprised I got them to be honest.
In between those dates I read so many bad reviews that I thought I'd been ripped off and bought from a real shop in the UK that I could call and confirm that they had them in stock.
So now I've got 4 OBS Engines!!!!
Can never have too many @Tim Martin :) ......actually maybe 4 is a little too many!

Back
Top Bottom