What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

RIPPED OFF BY EVOLUTION VAPING!!

“Knitted” !? Who makes those ? The Women’s institute?
@Midnight

And I find it sad that her name doesn’t pop up anymore when you do the @ thing. Wonderful knitting woman was Midnight. Wonderful knitting, shoe-wearing, drink you bastards under the table woman. <3

Mesh is a funny old medium. Back in the day everyone loved the Smoke RSSB. I had one, I don't think I ever had a decent vape off it. I put a lot of builds on it because I kept thinking ''It must be me, everyone else loves it". But, at the same time I had a UD Aga, which was brilliant.
It seems that it either works or it doesn't, without much rhyme or reason.

Last edited:
Thankfully, with the advent of the likes of the Nextgen and all its later variants the world of Mesh opened up to a lot more people. But despite these enticing things people still struggle, Mesh either is something you get along with....... OR, it isn't.
Personally I love it for 2 particular Liquids, but apart from those two, I tend to stick with Muji for everything :) I do have other Cottons, but for my abilities, Muji just works.
I seriously believe that many of the earlier Mesh Atties, such as the RSSB, The Sat22 and their ilk, they fell by the wayside because of their very, very restricted airflows? The NextGen changed all that and suddenly air was more readily available which held far greater appeal to those who came to try Mesh at a later stage in their vaping journey. Obviously, certain Liquids do NOT really work on Mesh, but Tobaccos and Fruits really sing. No surprises that the 2 Liquids I use on Mesh the most regularly are Absolute Toro "Eden" (Tobacco and Apple) and Absolute Toro "Puros" (Out and Out Cuban Tobacco). I have a favourite Liquid for Squonking during the warmer months, which is predominantly Fruit, but strangely, it doesn't really work as well with Mesh, which amazed me!

Whatever the reasons, Mesh is worth a try, BUT, it isn't for everyone and the one thing you'll definitely need is PATIENCE by the bucket load. The effort I find worthwhile, but I can understand those who don't share my enthusiasm for this method. :)

Thankfully, with the advent of the likes of the Nextgen and all its later variants the world of Mesh opened up to a lot more people. But despite these enticing things people still struggle, Mesh either is something you get along with....... OR, it isn't.
Personally I love it for 2 particular Liquids, but apart from those two, I tend to stick with Muji for everything :) I do have other Cottons, but for my abilities, Muji just works.
I seriously believe that many of the earlier Mesh Atties, such as the RSSB, The Sat22 and their ilk, they fell by the wayside because of their very, very restricted airflows? The NextGen changed all that and suddenly air was more readily available which held far greater appeal to those who came to try Mesh at a later stage in their vaping journey. Obviously, certain Liquids do NOT really work on Mesh, but Tobaccos and Fruits really sing. No surprises that the 2 Liquids I use on Mesh the most regularly are Absolute Toro "Eden" (Tobacco and Apple) and Absolute Toro "Puros" (Out and Out Cuban Tobacco). I have a favourite Liquid for Squonking during the warmer months, which is predominantly Fruit, but strangely, it doesn't really work as well with Mesh, which amazed me!

Whatever the reasons, Mesh is worth a try, BUT, it isn't for everyone and the one thing you'll definitely need is PATIENCE by the bucket load. The effort I find worthwhile, but I can understand those who don't share my enthusiasm for this method. :)
Agreed, have you tried the Origen with dual mesh wicks? It's pretty good and works quite happily at 25-30w with a nice restricted DTL.

Yes, it's one of the various Gennies that live here with me :)

The VV does not use mesh as it wick, it s made to use it as its coil and then stuff with cotton. I failed with that, I think it would fail at using mesh as the wick due to the lack of much in the way of a juice well . Its a very flat build deck

Back
Top Bottom